GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Problem with Main (Full) beam

dtanov

Hello

My headlights work fine but there is a problem with my drivers side (UK) main beam. When I activate it, the passenger side works fine, but nothing happens with the right.

I thought it might be a bulb issue as I wasn't sure how they worked but having replaced that the issue is still there. Now I realise that there is a reflector motor inside the headlight unit that activates when I enable the main beam.

When I activate, I can hear the passenger side make a small noise and the main beam works, but nothing from the right. This leads to think that there is something wrong with the reflector motor or at least the power getting to it.

I diagnosed with OBDeleven and the error code is B121C15 - Right low beam headlamp reflector motor Open circuit/shot circuit to B+.

I hope someone can help me diagnose and fix this, I look forward to your responses.

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
Sounds like you need to unplug and reconnect the motor and if that doesn't work, replace it.

...if it creaks, it's probably made by VAG

dtanov

Do you have any idea what to search for, in terms of the motor?

I tried looking but can't find a part number or anything, so that I can buy a replacement.