GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bonnet alignment

Donscarlet

A word of warning for anyone collecting a new car,
I collected my brand new GTD DSG one week ago everything looked Ok, after a couple of days I noticed the bonnet was not aligned correctly,so back to the dealership I went.The service manager said It looked fine to him and fobbed me off saying it was OK.today went back to the dealer again he asked a technician to have a look. the technician confirmed that the bonnet was out of alignment I now have a booking tomorrow with the body shop to get this sorted out.
I have also spoken to VW UK about this issue.Official case opened. VW have informed me they will pay good will compensation as my total mileage to resolve the problem is in the region of 150 miles.
Anyone been through a similar experience?

So much for dealer PDI !!
In hindsight I should have spent more time checking the car before making payment,

Last edited:

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Both my mk5 and mk6 Golfs had misaligned bonnets and the mk5 also had a misaligned tailgate.

I didn’t have any issues with the dealer putting them right though, although as you’ve said, so much for dealer PDI, which should’ve picked this up and rectified it prior to delivery.

JBR1

Passed Driver's Ed
It is encouraging to hear that the dealer's technician has agreed to put the problem right, and that VW are supporting you.
We've only had our new Golf for a few days, but it is good to hear that any problems are likely to be put right... eventually!

Donscarlet

Bonnet alignment update

Today finally I have the bonnet aligned correctly. I can get on and enjoy the car. waiting for a response from VW UK !! It's not good having to chase around to get a new £30k car put right in the first week of ownership,