GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where do you guys buy oil in Ottawa?

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
Last night I went to the Kanata dealer and bought the Castrol VW approved 502 00 oil, but it came to $114 after tax (6 liters with filter and plug)

This seems pretty expensive. I'm sure it can be had for cheaper.

Advice?

kubo777

Simplest is Candain Tire/Walmart/Partsource. Castrol Edge Synthetic 502/504 00 5w-30 is carried by them and I think can be had for $30-50 when on sale. I think even Costco carries it for mid $30s.
I bouth my filters and oil (Liqui Moly) from germanparts.ca, and had them shipped. Group enough oil and filters for next 5 changes to make it more economical.

Ferrari

Ready to race!
I use Motul 8100 X-Cess 5W-40, I order mine from these places:

In Kanata: RJ Motors (Hazeldean & Terry Fox on Edgewater)

In Ottawa: Advanced Autowerks (Hunt Club & Merrivale on Bentley)

Squishy

Ready to race!
I go to Canadian Tire and buy either Castrol Edge 5w40 or Mobil 1 0w40, whichever happens to be on sale. When it's on sale it's usually around $30 for a jug but you need slightly more than 1 jug for an oil change. Just make sure it says VW 502 on the jug.

As for the filters I just buy them from the local VW dealer as I haven't found them cheaper anywhere else.

Simplest is Candain Tire/Walmart/Partsource. Castrol Edge Synthetic 502/504 00 5w-30 is carried by them and I think can be had for $30-50 when on sale. I think even Costco carries it for mid $30s.
The mk7 GTI takes 5w40 or 0w40, you do not want to put 5w30 in it.