GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

San Diego E85 or high-octane?

JacobAllison

Ready to race!
Looking to run some E85 or higher octane gas for canyon carving and Race Legal in San Diego, so I can get on MAP 2 for the JB4. Any idea on anywhere in town that sells E85? I can't find it on the E85 tracking sites.

Edit-

Wow, okay, I swear I looked like 3 times but this time I found at least 3 places that aren't too inconvenient that sell E85. Derp. Still no higher octane regular fuel close enough to be worth the trouble.

rr1santos

Ready to race!
download the pearson e85 app

I run an e35 blend and run at race legal every now and then..

there is a chevron off balboa and 163 that has e85, chevron off Olympic and 805, arco off Miramar across the base, and arco on mira mesa blvd closer to 15

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Do you need 93 or e85 to run Map 2? I thought you could run it on 91
Too hot in socal, unfortunately. High IAT and 91 octane wouldn't be good

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

JacobAllison

Ready to race!
download the pearson e85 app

I run an e35 blend and run at race legal every now and then..

there is a chevron off balboa and 163 that has e85, chevron off Olympic and 805, arco off Miramar across the base, and arco on mira mesa blvd closer to 15

Sounds like a plan. :) I'll give it a shot- what about are the ratios you need to run for this?

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
I used to run map2 in my Golf-R w/ DP on 91 in the summer....never went limp mode or anything.
No timing pull?

I don't have bolt-ons, and map 1's all I could do safely with 91 (always top-tier). Another GTI in OC (Handguns4heaRTs; idk if he's added any bolt-ons) was/is pretty much in the same boat lol

vw671

Autocross Newbie
No timing pull?

I don't have bolt-ons, and map 1's all I could do safely with 91 (always top-tier). Another GTI in OC (Handguns4heaRTs; idk if he's added any bolt-ons) was/is pretty much in the same boat lol

There was some but George looked at it had said it wasn't bad enough to go down to map1.

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
Woops... "Goes"! Not a fan of the new Google keyboard. Switched back to SwiftKey.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Same here. Hope your blend works nicely. If you keep consistent at a station and same fill amount, you'll see long term trims store the difference throughout the load tables - an added benefit from a modern closed-loop system.

JacobAllison

Ready to race!
Same here. Hope your blend works nicely. If you keep consistent at a station and same fill amount, you'll see long term trims store the difference throughout the load tables - an added benefit from a modern closed-loop system.

Good to know! I'm going to be dropping in a Nexus 7 tablet with an OTG cable so I can basically continously log.