GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2016+ Clubsport Modifications - Part Numbers

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Hi mates! I am new to this forum but i have been reading about this thread for a while. I own a gti40years here in Sydney and i want to change my side sticker from “40 years” to “clubsport”. Do you guys know where can i get one?

https://www.kunzmann.de/shop/en/ext...cker-set-5-doors-black-genuine-volkswagen.htm

https://www.kunzmann.de/shop/en/ext...icker-set-3-doors-grey-genuine-volkswagen.htm

https://www.kunzmann.de/shop/en/ext...cker-set-3-doors-black-genuine-volkswagen.htm

Might be cheaper to have it custom made at a local shop.

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Hi mates! I am new to this forum but i have been reading about this thread for a while. I own a gti40years here in Sydney and i want to change my side sticker from “40 years” to “clubsport”. Do you guys know where can i get one?

The 40 Years sticker does look a bit crap. I’m pretty sure one of the guys on here ordered the Clubsport sticker. It’s in this thread somewhere. Whole thread is worth a read anyway.

XoneDB4

Ready to race!
Just a follow up on the Clubsport steering wheel - I was quoted £717 without fitting from the dealer and I would have had to pay up front with no guarantee it would actually fit my car.

Probably going to go for a custom job...

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Just a follow up on the Clubsport steering wheel - I was quoted £717 without fitting from the dealer and I would have had to pay up front with no guarantee it would actually fit my car.

Probably going to go for a custom job...

It fits, lots have done it. Just buy it from cars245 or the other one and fit it yourself if you can.

replicate

Go Kart Newbie

LeGti

Ready to race!
Clubsport part numbers

Sway Bars
5Q0411303N front anti roll bar (sway bar) 24mmx 3.8mm (same as GTI PP)
5Q0511305AT Rear anti roll bar (sway bar) 21.7 x 3mm (same as GTI PP)

FRONT SPRINGS 5Q0411105GD (GTi PP 5Q0411105CC)
FRONT SHOCK 5Q0413031FN (same as GTI PP)
STRUT MOUNT 5Q0412331D (same as GTI PP)
BUMPSTOP 1K0412303F (same as GTI PP)

REAR SPRING 5Q0511115HL (GTi PP 5Q0511115HM)
REAR SHOCK 5Q0513029GL (same as GTI PP)

So as you can see (unfortunately) virtually no change between the Gti and Clubsport, TBH i am a little disappointed as i was expecting from the press releases about the cars that VW had reworked the suspension and uprated it with perhaps dampers and swar bar changes, Have the journos with the all inclusive VW paid trips to Portimao circuit just been describing 10% stiffer springs??

( ... )

Guys, Teck', Breakin': Thank you so much for the wealth of information here!!

Last time I saw this thread was over a year ago, before becoming suddenly ill. Two months after my last post on this thread I received a heart transplant. 15 days after the surgery I drove the VW home... Very lucky, immensely grateful :)

I have not read to the end of this thread yet, but I'm hoping you found out that the DCC control module has a different part #, maybe the VAQ's as well.

That could explain the difference in behavior from just a spring change ;-)

Fingers crossed!!

Last edited:

ucfquattroguy

Go Kart Newbie
The VAQ hardware is the same p/n along with the control module. The only difference seems to be the "Acoustic wiring logic" adaptation setting in the Diff Lock module. It's been confirmed the PP and CS share the same setting. It's believed only the CSS has unique adaptation value "increased traction" if you're reading from a PP/CS car.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
The BW FXD is used almost "as is" in the Seat Leon Cupra R TCR & MK7 Golf GTI TCR...apparently the only difference is the external case...

This might be because the unit has externally adjustable preload....with a recommended setting in the range of 50nm to 100nm....reading from the Seat TCR owners manual..

LeGti

Ready to race!
The VAQ hardware is the same p/n along with the control module. The only difference seems to be the "Acoustic wiring logic" adaptation setting in the Diff Lock module. It's been confirmed the PP and CS share the same setting. It's believed only the CSS has unique adaptation value "increased traction" if you're reading from a PP/CS car.

Hi, thanks for the info. Seemed to me the part numbers for the VAQ and DCC control module boxes had different part numbers, one for the Gti PP and another for the CSS...? I'll go back and check.

However, on my 2015 ROW (France in my case) manual transmission Gti PP, there is an "Increased traction" setting, which I enabled with VCDS. I'll see if I can take a screen capture for you.

LeGti

Ready to race!
The BW FXD is used almost "as is" in the Seat Leon Cupra R TCR & MK7 Golf GTI TCR...apparently the only difference is the external case...

This might be because the unit has externally adjustable preload....with a recommended setting in the range of 50nm to 100nm....reading from the Seat TCR owners manual..

Wow, thanks for that!