GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Catless" Unitronic DP

jmargaretis

Go Kart Champion
$500 OBO

Was sold a UNI DP with a faulty cat (loose). 3k miles. Overall a very high quality piece. I went ahead and had the cat punched out. I'm selling bcs I want to keep the smell classy lol by continuing on with a catted DP.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Not that shipping back and forth to SC is the cheapest way, but I can weld a new cat in for you.

More practical would be to have someone local do it, a 200cell cat (flowmaster or magnaflow) runs $80-100ish

jmargaretis

Go Kart Champion
I was thinking of that as an option. Any specific models you could point me to?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I just added a flowmaster cat to my cts downpipe and wasn't overly impressed. The slip fit was too big for the 3" and the case material if the cat was thin (18g I believe) so between that and the air gap with it being a loose fit it was kinda tricky to weld. With that said I'd try a magna flow next time around, or possibly another brand in hopes of a better fit.

oorrllyy

Ready to race!
I just added a flowmaster cat to my cts downpipe and wasn't overly impressed. The slip fit was too big for the 3" and the case material if the cat was thin (18g I believe) so between that and the air gap with it being a loose fit it was kinda tricky to weld. With that said I'd try a magna flow next time around, or possibly another brand in hopes of a better fit.

Don't mean to hijack but I was thinking of doing the same. Do you notice any difference in power with the cat?

bpw

Ready to race!
Do you still smell a little gas fumes with it? I ask because I have the same cat I believe, and I still get a little stink. Not bad but you can definitely smell it...

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Just enough to not let it idle with the doors open (like while loading stuff in the hatch), my wife noticed, so I guess it failed that test

Swoope

Ready to race!
Cool thanks just wanted to make sure I didn't have a bum cat

you should take the time reading the tread person to person..

the downpipe for sale is gutted cat.. sucks for seller..

if this does not help you need to search a bit.

beers

jmargaretis

Go Kart Champion
[emoji109]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Swoope

Ready to race!
You should take the time to mind your business. The seller gets free bumps thus keeping his item at the top. Furthermore GTIJake was trying to help the OP, dipshit

Bump

really,

sorry. was doing the shamless bump also.. dumbass. :)

btw, cool for mr jake to step up..

reading is important.

beers

Last edited: