GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eibach springs for2017 Golf R

GrayR

Passed Driver's Ed
I want some Eibach springs for my 17 golf R, I called Eibach and they said that they don't have a part number for the 2017 R and they can't guarantee that the 2016 version will work. I'm pretty sold on Eibach. So until they've tested the 2017 spring I guess I'm outta luck, ugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I want some Eibach springs for my 17 golf R, I called Eibach and they said that they don't have a part number for the 2017 R and they can't guarantee that the 2016 version will work. I'm pretty sold on Eibach. So until they've tested the 2017 spring I guess I'm outta luck, ugh!

Agree on Eibach Springs.
Did they give any time line?
They are good with info and working with from my experience.
Not sure what would be different. I know some small changes but suspension should be similar. Hope they get back with you soon.
Getting the Pro Kit, 1"?

GrayR

Passed Driver's Ed
Agree on Eibach Springs.

Did they give any time line?

They are good with info and working with from my experience.

Not sure what would be different. I know some small changes but suspension should be similar. Hope they get back with you soon.

Getting the Pro Kit, 1"?

No, they didn't give any time line. Yeah I want the pro kit, 1"... I've read on here that they only actually lower the R about .6 inches... Which is cool with me. Just wanna bring it down a little. Already did apr stage 1 and my wife (God love her) said she'd spring for stage 2 as a Father's Day gift[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

biglilsteve

Ready to race!
No, they didn't give any time line. Yeah I want the pro kit, 1"... I've read on here that they only actually lower the R about .6 inches... Which is cool with me. Just wanna bring it down a little. Already did apr stage 1 and my wife (God love her) said she'd spring for stage 2 as a Father's Day gift[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

God love her indeed! Make sure she doesn't skimp on the intercooler either.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

acemanic

I got them on my 16 R, lol at first I couldn't even tell whether it was lowered or not! But they feel great and I got plenty of space for tire options! Will fit the 17

xChrisx718

Passed Driver's Ed
My first choice was eibach also. I had the same issue with my 2016 golf R. I ordered the springs from a rep at eibach, but little did they tell me the springs for my car were in back order for 6 months. After searching around for different springs i cancelled my order and decided to go with H&R springs instead. Ordered them and they got to my house in a few days. The drop they give is great, ive had them on for about 5k miles so far and i couldnt be happier.

chuckk23

Ready to race!
Had a 2016 R 6MT that I traded in for my 2017 R DSG. Had the current set of Eibachs that are on my 2017 on the 2016 when I owned, fitment is the same.

Great choice for springs, they do lower the car about 0.6" and offer very OEM like qualities in terms of NVH. You won't be disappointed.

GrayR

Passed Driver's Ed
Had a 2016 R 6MT that I traded in for my 2017 R DSG. Had the current set of Eibachs that are on my 2017 on the 2016 when I owned, fitment is the same.

Great choice for springs, they do lower the car about 0.6" and offer very OEM like qualities in terms of NVH. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks for the info bro... I'll try and order some as soon as possible.

GrayR

Passed Driver's Ed
My first choice was eibach also. I had the same issue with my 2016 golf R. I ordered the springs from a rep at eibach, but little did they tell me the springs for my car were in back order for 6 months. After searching around for different springs i cancelled my order and decided to go with H&R springs instead. Ordered them and they got to my house in a few days. The drop they give is great, ive had them on for about 5k miles so far and i couldnt be happier.

Wow, 6 months... that sucks!! How much did the H&R drop your R?

xChrisx718

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow, 6 months... that sucks!! How much did the H&R drop your R?

I was told about 3/4 of an inch front and rear but it seems to be alittle more then that. Maybe an inch or so. But they are awesome. Works great with my DCC. I definitely recommend them.