GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rattle coming from driver foot well

rfc89747

Ready to race!
I just got my R back yesterday from a body shop who was repairing damage to my hatch/bumper from being lightly rear ended. Today, I noticed that after the engine has warmed up and it drops into it's low idle there is a very noticeable vibration and rattle noise coming from the driver foot well area. When I get of the car, I can't hear it at all over the engine noise. Inside it is very noticeable. If I press the accelerator and bring the RPM up to around 1000, it sounds perfectly normal.

I don't know what would have caused this so suddenly. It definitely wasn't happening after the accident. I drove it a good 100 miles after that and didn't notice a thing.

Here is a video of the sound (it's not great quality). Turn the volume up. You can hear it better when I move the phone down into the foot well during the second half of the video. Ignore the squeaky noise my phone makes whenever it moves while recording.

https://youtu.be/smYzhu_AzYA

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Glad ya got it figured out, they must've pulled your exhaust off for some reason.

Axles of Evil

Ready to race!
I know what that is...

I know what that is.

Here is my advice.....STOMP ON THAT RIGHT HAND SIDE PEDAL ALL THE WAY TO THE FLOOR AND KEEP IT THERE ALL THE TIME.

That will solve the rattle problem for you. ;)

You're Welcome! :cool: