GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone having these level of electrical issues?

ronn

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 R (Sold)
17 R, 6mt, DCC ~7,300kms

1. Head unit consistently restarts every 5 minutes on its own. After a while, the unit becomes completely inoperable until vehicle restart. (i know this is a known issue)
2. Rear wiper - The the blade goes back to its original position, it is choppy as hell (looks like it moves at like 10 frames/sec).
3. Window lock button doesn't work (Other windows can be opened with it enabled)
4. Smart entry doesn't consistently work from driver's door. Constantly have to press on handle.

None of these affect drivability and luckily no CELs or any powertrain related problems but kind of frustrating to have these problems already on a new unit.

/rant

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
Almost a year of ownership with no issues what so ever

Sorry to hear that,electrical issues suck
It's under warranty bring it back let them deal with it

MDLBC

Ready to race!
At 6 months and 15,000 miles:

1) Different symptoms but know unit will have to be replaced as with many of us.
2) Doesn't rain enough where I live to have noticed. [emoji6]
3) Nope
4) This occurs for me but rarely; maybe once out of every 20 times but yesterday I had a kessy issue where I had to place the key near the steering column to start the car.

Willywonka

Ready to race!
I had issues with my car, Gti, and it turned out to be a bad comfort computer. I thinks that's what it is called. Even thing with the car goes through it. My high beams would not come on and the one window wouldn't work right.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
5000 on my 17 R, no issues, knock on wood, let us know when/if resolved in case it arises in mine :D

Boschisgood

Only electrical issue I've had is a front O2 sensor going bad at 27k-ish.

craigq

So far I have had the driver door control module die at about KM number 688 or thereabouts (~427 miles on the car). The following three messages appeared in the vehicle status MMI and the mini display between the gauges:
(paraphrasing using GolfR1203's post here:http://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/14355-help-error-codes/
1) Error: Driver Door Contact Switch (none of the door switches i.e. mirror, window, lock switches functioned, none of the lighting on the driver side functioned)
2) Fault: Electronic Parking Brake (still worked fine)
3) Error: Auto-hold (not working)

Local VW dealer diagnosed it as a faulty module and replaced the module after a couple of weeks waiting for one to arrive. I'm hoping the replacement module makes it past 700 KM :)

AnetaD

Hi, can I please ask how much it cost you to change the module? My car does totally similar thing now. Started first time in week ago, everything was fine after and now again.

AnetaD

So far I have had the driver door control module die at about KM number 688 or thereabouts (~427 miles on the car). The following three messages appeared in the vehicle status MMI and the mini display between the gauges:
(paraphrasing using GolfR1203's post here:http://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/14355-help-error-codes/
1) Error: Driver Door Contact Switch (none of the door switches i.e. mirror, window, lock switches functioned, none of the lighting on the driver side functioned)

Local VW dealer

Local VW dealer diagnosed it as a faulty module and replaced the module after a couple of weeks waiting for one to arrive. I'm hoping the replacement module makes it past 700 KM :)

it as a faulty module and replaced the module after a couple of weeks waiting for one to arrive. I'm hoping the replacement module makes it past 700 KM :)

Hi, can I please ask how much it cost you to change the module? My car does totally similar thing now. Started first time in week ago, everything was fine after and now again.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I would research how to change it yourself and buy a VCDS. The module seems to cost about 500 pounds. You can probably buy a VCDS for what it will cost you for installation. The VCDS could tell for sure it's that module. It's also possible those functions are partially or completely built into another module. Without a definite diagnosis you can never be sure. I had a faulty front wheel speed sensor and 12 functions were affected. The car was under warranty but VCDS pinpointed all of the issues were caused by the one sensor.