GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VWR Lower Engine/Subframe Dogbone Mount

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Since it is a upper and lower bushing replacement, subframe removal would be required to remove and install the upper portion. From what I have read about people installing upper replacements.

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
I've had one for a couple years, it just started to wear after about 40k hard miles. I blame the BFI motor mounts for killing the VWR lower mount. I'll be replacing mine with another VWR mount. They don't work with aluminum sub frames without milling the connecting bar.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
I've had one for a couple years, it just started to wear after about 40k hard miles. I blame the BFI motor mounts for killing the VWR lower mount. I'll be replacing mine with another VWR mount. They don't work with aluminum sub frames without milling the connecting bar.

Any install tips? IE removing stock puck without destroying it. I wonder if my 2018 R has the stamped steel or aluminum subframe hmm...I should check.

Was debating if I should even do the subframe portion as I got these for dirt cheap and only really wanted to do the lower portion + the dogdone.