GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chris Harris reviews MK7 GTI (standard version)

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
I always enjoy his reviews, however a GTI with sport pack + DSG is still cheaper than a base 125i (with dual clutch) how is it in M135 territory!?

gtiw7

Ready to race!
I always enjoy his reviews, however a GTI with sport pack + DSG is still cheaper than a base 125i (with dual clutch) how is it in M135 territory!?

exactly!!! I was checking out the M135 one day before paying for my GTi (just checking I was gonna take the Golf anyways) It was for BD20,500 + BD2x00 for service pack and it didn't have any options not even a xenon lights! no sunroof just a plain interior wrapped in alcantara

that's around BD23,000 vs GTi's BD13,900 with the GTi having much more goodies :confused:

However,things are different in Europe....GTi is much more expensive (partially because they get all the options that we don't get) according to Top Gear website the GTI there is £28,895 which is translated to approx BD17,300! vs 135i £29,950, this actually does make the GTI customers move to BMW for paying another £1k

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
But then again you would be comparing fully loaded vs base model... How much do you reckon bi xenons and leather, sunroof, would cost for the BMW. I don't know about europe but here in the mid east, people would say "really? A bimmer with fabric seats?" Lol

jp_cfc09

Ready to race!
well where im from people look at the 1 series bmw as a womens car or poor mans bmw lol. id rather have the gti or even st focus then a poor mans bmw, you only get bmw 135i if you cant get anything better. im happy with my diseal golf but to be honest id rather have it over a 1 series any day.

gtiw7

Ready to race!
But then again you would be comparing fully loaded vs base model... How much do you reckon bi xenons and leather, sunroof, would cost for the BMW. I don't know about europe but here in the mid east, people would say "really? A bimmer with fabric seats?" Lol

it's not fabric, it's is alcantara, even better (more expensive) than leather!! but that was the only good thing that I've noticed, but what the heck..... overall Golfs feel better :D