GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

When is the REFRESHED 2018 Golf/GTI available stateside?

Kent1

Anyone see the new LED headlights yet?

Are they at least as bright as the bi xenons? From my own experience it seems leds don't even come close to the output of Bixenons.

I just bought a '17 DSG SE last month and traded in a '14 Corolla that had standard LED headlights. I can say that the Corolla LED's were brighter than my current GTI HID's (lighting package).

jlivingood

Passed Driver's Ed
FWIW, I was just reading my most recent issue of Porsche Panorama (the Porsche club's monthly magazine) and they noted that some MY2018 Porsches took longer to hit dealer lots due to a slower than expected EPA certification. I would not be at all surprised to learn that VW's new cars were getting additional emissions scrutiny, leading to longer than typical certificates. I think they need to do CARB as well, though I'm not sure if they are done in sequence rather than parallel - CA may wait until EPA is complete.

AKF427

Ready to race!
I suspect the reality is that VW is exhibiting hyper-caution in regards to the US market. This caution--basically the launch of the re-fresh upon the backbone model range--has been cautions, calculating, & steered by brand experts. Hence the delay. I doubt EPA certification---the gas engine is unchanged---has caused any delay. VW took a $30+++ billion dollar smack-down, the company would implode across every nameplate/brand if it were to "cheat" in any regard for the next century. What is happening? Just a simple guess...the emphasis upon a zero-fault USA intro to market of the refresh consumed more time than assumed. The US VW Dealer infrastructure is actually VW the Manufacturers clientele...and once the calendar flipped to Q4 2017, the slowest time of the yer to move inventory, Dealers probably told VW "no go" on the MK7.5 on our lots until after the new year. Turn on the TV....every other commercial is a Car Manufacturer's 'Tis The Season Ad's to lure people entirely focussed upon buying anything/everything but a car, into perhaps buying a car.

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
I asked a sales manager and she said, "I believe they will be letting us know the release dates early next month."

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
So was playing around on VW CA and saw the 2/3 door is listed. Any idea if this will trickle to the US or if a CA spec car would be importable to the US? I have a '15 Currently, but am looking to lease or buy another to daily while I play around with my '15.

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
^I, too, have been visiting vw.ca quite frequently ��

Just because the US is behind, that isn't gonna stop me from spec'ing out my GTI and pondering every day about what color I should get.

Right now it's between White Silver Metallic and Dark Iron Blue Metallic. WSM really sparkles and pops out at the eye, but do you think it would show dirt easily? Living in a condo with uncovered parking, I won't be able to wash it thoroughly very often.

DIBM has been growing on me, especially after seeing how it looks in daylight:

This seems to be a worthy replacement for Carbon Steel Grey.

Passed Driver's Ed
i love the new dark iron blue shade. and the new white. ive also been on the canadian builder. does anyone know if we will get these colors here in north america too ? i know canada gets some specialty colors which i dont think we will get. anyone know the US color lineup for the '18's? the new dark iron blue is much more appealing to me than CSG.

StopSweatinMe

Ready to race!
i love the new dark iron blue shade. and the new white. ive also been on the canadian builder. does anyone know if we will get these colors here in north america too ? i know canada gets some specialty colors which i dont think we will get. anyone know the US color lineup for the '18's? the new dark iron blue is much more appealing to me than CSG.

Historically, we won't get more than 4 or 5 colors in NA. I don't expect much difference from previous. :(

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
^I, too, have been visiting vw.ca quite frequently ��

Just because the US is behind, that isn't gonna stop me from spec'ing out my GTI and pondering every day about what color I should get.

Right now it's between White Silver Metallic and Dark Iron Blue Metallic. WSM really sparkles and pops out at the eye, but do you think it would show dirt easily? Living in a condo with uncovered parking, I won't be able to wash it thoroughly very often.

DIBM has been growing on me, especially after seeing how it looks in daylight:

This seems to be a worthy replacement for Carbon Steel Grey.

I guarantee the White would show dirt less than the bluish grey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT

While there’s always differences between CA and US specs, they’re coming off the same assembly line. So i don’t think there’ll be a difference in colors, although we probably wont get the special order only colors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn

Historically, we won't get more than 4 or 5 colors in NA. I don't expect much difference from previous. :(

There are only six colors on the Canada builder, so I'm sure those will all make it here. We also had six colors for 2017, just different ones.

Carrying over: Pure White, Tornado Red, Deep Black Pearl
New: White Silver Metallic, Platinum Grey Metallic, Dark Iron Blue Metallic
Gone: Reflex Silver Metallic, Night Blue Metallic, Carbon Steel Gray Metallic

So they're just replacing all three metallic options.

I guarantee the White would show dirt less than the bluish grey

Oh, really? I thought greys in general were less dirt-revealing, or is that only true of light grey/silver?

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
So it looks like the GTI badges are all silver this year. No more red ones. Interesting. (The one pictured above is either an SE or Autobahn based on the wheels and interior.)