GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Squeaky brakes

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Anyone else have squeaky brakes? It only happens at <10mph and cold weather seems to add to it. Dealer said its normal for vw brakes to squeak but it never happened on my mk6 gti. Only 9k miles on my car with 1 track day, and I have plenty of pad life left according to the dealer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Timechaser

Yes I have the same thing but year round. I attribute it to setting outside all the time since I don't have a garage? It bugs the piss out of me to be honest. I had a Honda do the same.

If there's a solution I'd love to hear it as well.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Yes I have the same thing but year round. I attribute it to setting outside all the time since I don't have a garage? It bugs the piss out of me to be honest. I had a Honda do the same.

If there's a solution I'd love to hear it as well.
More than likely im thinking its the pad + rotor combo

KlipZ

Ready to race!
I have them here. sounds like the front driver side mainly. But yes, particularly when its cold and im slowing down for a stop I get a metallic screech. I going to schedule an appointment with VW soon to have them looked at. Didn't do it for the first 11k miles.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I have them here. sounds like the front driver side mainly. But yes, particularly when its cold and im slowing down for a stop I get a metallic screech. I going to schedule an appointment with VW soon to have them looked at. Didn't do it for the first 11k miles.
My service advisor said "Its a vw thing they all squeak"

Trancebolt

Ready to race!
I believe it has something to do with brake dust, and the engagement of the brakes. Usually cold brakes, not exclusively cold weather; happens more often with wet brakes or dirty brakes (likely from brake dust or dirt); and usually when being less than smoothe with the brake pedal at very low speeds. Most brakes dont like to be ridden and modulated very lightly but these do....

Just my observations from four months of driving 1k a month. Mine did it from new.

Vw programmed in dsg creep. Most cars dont inch forward without gas with a dsg so i believe its programmed to do so. Could be some interaction of partial brake and this function. It does creep well in 1st with 0 throttle, but it could be some side effect of that..

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk