GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
If on the other hand, you disconnected the 2 x speaker wires at the actuator - then nothing happens (I think)

Don

It still registers an "Open Circuit" fault when you do a scan with the 2 pin plug removed. It bugged me so much a re-connected it and then turned the volume down to zero so I wouldn't get the error.

greypanter

Ready to race!
I am trying to log my IAT on my 2015 GTI, trying to determine if I am experiencing heat soak or not. Running stage 2 with stock IC. If Anyone knows the steps please help me out.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I am trying to log my IAT on my 2015 GTI, trying to determine if I am experiencing heat soak or not. Running stage 2 with stock IC. If Anyone knows the steps please help me out.

1st things first: you're definitely heatsoaking.

to log you need a device that hooks up to your OBD2 port that is designed to take logs. What stage 2 are you? I believe you can log with Unitronic's Uniconnect and Eurodyne's PowerTap. There's also JB4, and other, less expensive devices.

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Just picked up a ZTE for $20 at best buy. Going to order adapter and pro pack soon so i can start cosing my car.

Is long-coding possible with obdeleven or is it like bmw carly where you check/uncheck certain features?

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Is long-coding possible with obdeleven or is it like bmw carly where you check/uncheck certain features?

Yep - long coding is possible with OBD11, but need the Pro version. Assuming you have UDS modules in your car, you get access to both a descriptive long-hand version of the code switch functions (1st screen), or you can use the more simple hex/binary version of the coding facility (second screen)

Don

greypanter

Ready to race!
1st things first: you're definitely heatsoaking.

to log you need a device that hooks up to your OBD2 port that is designed to take logs. What stage 2 are you? I believe you can log with Unitronic's Uniconnect and Eurodyne's PowerTap. There's also JB4, and other, less expensive devices.
I am APR stage 2. Stock IC but I do have an OBD11, I just don't know how to live data log the IAT. Would be experiencing heat soak on on 40 degree weather without multiple hard pulls?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
They are always on with the headlights. By default, they are off when fog lights are on.

You can “disable NAR restrictions” to allow cornering lights to work with fog lights.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
not mine....mayhap a Canada thing or are we talking about different lights. I have the bulbs that are part of the inner assemblies that shoot out to the left and right when turning (also come on in reverse)

Evil Minion

Ready to race!
They are always on with the headlights. By default, they are off when fog lights are on.

You can “disable NAR restrictions” to allow cornering lights to work with fog lights.

They are definitely not always on with headlights with restrictions or not. They come on when you're making a slow speed turn or reversing, but that's largely it. He's asking how to have them on 100% of the time that the headlights are on.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
They are definitely not always on with headlights with restrictions or not. They come on when you're making a slow speed turn or reversing, but that's largely it. He's asking how to have them on 100% of the time that the headlights are on.

Ya I understand how they work. I misunderstood the question.

I should have said that they are “enabled” with headlights on (and fogs off with default NAR coding), but they only activate/illuminate during slow speed turns, or when the car is in reverse.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
^^^^ hmmmm............ entirely unproven hunch, but I wonder if the answer can be found in the AFS settings in the central electrics module?

static AFS light-Upper speed threshold 40.00 km/h
static AFS light-Steering wheel angle; offset -63.75 °
static AFS light-Unterer Lenkradwinkel 180 °
static AFS light-Oberer Lenkradwinkel 120 °
static AFS light-Abdimmgeschwindigkeit 50.00 %/s
static AFS light-Maximaltemperatur 100.00
static AFS light-obere Grenztemperatur 95.00 °C
static AFS light-untere Grenztemperatur 80.00 °C

Perhaps try experimenting

Don

TXAgMK7

Has anyone had any concrete fixes for the Not Supported message using apps? I had a 2017 GTI built in 2016 that worked perfectly with my obdeleven. Unfortunately that car was totaled and I bought a newer 2017 and now half the apps do not work. Is there a simple fix for this? Some research suggests something is different in the coding as some settings might have changed. I did not save the OEM config (yes, I'm dumb) before I coded in Joker taillights and a few other things.

I'm mostly interested in mirror dip and comfort signal changes - should I just long code these or will I run into problems there as well?

greypanter

Ready to race!
Anyone knows how to clear this error message with OBD11? There's a way to do it via VCDS but just can't figure it out on OBD11. And the error will not clear. This popped up after changing some settings in module unit 55, reverted it back to its original setting but it still wouldn't clear up. Fault code is C107E54