GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

nype

Drag Racing Champion
What mods if any?

Did you physically disconnect the soundaktor?

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
replicate: not sure that I can do anything about the LEDs that intersect between the "C" and the turn-signal. If I disable these for you, they won't illuminate at all!!

Don

Bummer! I thought there was a way to disable for parking light function (red illumination) but remain enabled for turn signals (Amber illumination). If not all good and I’ll revert the changes.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Bummer! I thought there was a way to disable for parking light function (red illumination) but remain enabled for turn signals (Amber illumination). If not all good and I’ll revert the changes.

You can with the incandescent housings because the rear red side LEDs on NAR models are wired separately (channel Leuchte27NSL).

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
You can with the incandescent housings because the rear red side LEDs on NAR models are wired separately (channel Leuchte27NSL).

nype: very true - but the fact is that intersecting dual color LEDs on non-incandescent tails isn't controlled via Leutch-programming. So these two particular LEDs can't distinguish which rotary switch position is being used - alas

Don

PS:replicate- I've just had a brain-fart!

Try this as an experiment:

Leuchte18BLK HLA60- Left-side outer turn-signal tail
Lichtfunktion G 18 > Standlicht vorn (Positionslicht; Begrenzungslicht) ( not active )
Lichtfunktion H 18 > ( not active )
Dimmwert GH18 > ( 0 )
Dimming Direction GH 18 > minimize ( maximize )

If the fix works in solving your problem (it will only apply to the LHS outer blinker), it might be problematic when you turn-on both the LH blinker AND you have the rotary light switch on the PARK-LIGHT position. This can be fixed later - for now, I just need you to confirm whether it solves the problem of the intersecting LED - on the left-side of the car

Last edited:

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
nype: very true - but the fact is that intersecting dual color LEDs on non-incandescent tails isn't controlled via Leutch-programming. So these two particular LEDs can't distinguish which rotary switch position is being used - alas

Don

PS:replicate- I've just had a brain-fart!

Try this as an experiment:

Leuchte18BLK HLA60- Left-side outer turn-signal tail
Lichtfunktion G 18 > Standlicht vorn (Positionslicht; Begrenzungslicht) ( not active )
Lichtfunktion H 18 > ( not active )
Dimmwert GH18 > ( 0 )
Dimming Direction GH 18 > minimize ( maximize )

If the fix works in solving your problem (it will only apply to the LHS outer blinker), it might be problematic when you turn-on both the LH blinker AND you have the rotary light switch on the PARK-LIGHT position. This can be fixed later - for now, I just need you to confirm whether it solves the problem of the intersecting LED - on the left-side of the car

Hi Don
No change unfortunately. The two red LED are still active

arres

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW MK7 Golf R
What mods if any?

Did you physically disconnect the soundaktor?

Well I purchased the car used from a dealer so uncertain what all had been done to it.

I’ve installed the folding mirrors and some LED upgrades, Including the AutoLED side markers, but don’t think any of those would contribute.

I’ll have to look into if the actuator was disconnected or not. That would make sense if true...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Switch the car between normal and sport modes. If the soundaktor is plugged in, you should hear a lot more artificial engine noise when in Sport mode.

arres

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW MK7 Golf R
Switch the car between normal and sport modes. If the soundaktor is plugged in, you should hear a lot more artificial engine noise when in Sport mode.

Well i was messing with it in OBDEleven and wasn’t noticing a difference so I’m assuming original owner disconnected it. I’ll try to reconnect and see if it clears my faults.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion

Evil Minion

Ready to race!
Well i was messing with it in OBDEleven and wasn’t noticing a difference so I’m assuming original owner disconnected it. I’ll try to reconnect and see if it clears my faults.

Mine has been disconnected for months and there are zero faults. Based on all the faults as a whole that you posted, I have no idea why this would be the issue. It reads more like some sensor in the intake path.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Mine has been disconnected for months and there are zero faults. Based on all the faults as a whole that you posted, I have no idea why this would be the issue. It reads more like some sensor in the intake path.

Evil minion: I suspect that it all depends on which part of the Soundaktor was disconnected.

If you simply unplugged the 6 x pin connector, then you have broken the CAN line and therefore no comms happens between the module (J869) and the rest of the CAN network. The module is still registered in the CAN Gateway, but it ain't talking to nobody - result error messages

If on the other hand, you disconnected the 2 x speaker wires at the actuator - then nothing happens (I think)

Don

arres

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW MK7 Golf R

Ok, thanks. I’ll try and look at that. Will faults clear themselves or do I need to clear, and then see if it appears again? The MIB doesn’t report any issues.

I did remove my air intake box to install the side LEDs, but I don’t recall a sensor on it...so not sure if related to that. Ultimately I just need to do more digging based on those error codes. Thanks.

Evil Minion

Ready to race!
Evil minion: I suspect that it all depends on which part of the Soundaktor was disconnected.

If you simply unplugged the 6 x pin connector, then you have broken the CAN line and therefore no comms happens between the module (J869) and the rest of the CAN network. The module is still registered in the CAN Gateway, but it ain't talking to nobody - result error messages

If on the other hand, you disconnected the 2 x speaker wires at the actuator - then nothing happens (I think)

Don

Ahh yeah, you're right, I forgot there were two plugs on it. The instructions I found at the time had me disconnect the tiny plug towards the bottom of the module. Could be that the previous owner disconnected the wrong plug.
It takes about 5 minutes or less to check under the hood, so this may actually be a decent place to start looking.

On a totally unrelated subject; I found mention in some other threads about an Auto-Hold feature european GTIs have (not hill-hold). Is there a way to enable this for NA cars with the manual handbrake? What I'm really going after is a way to disable the DSG creep, where the car starts moving as soon as you let off the brake, vs only start moving once you press the throttle, on any level of surfaces.
Another user on here mentioned the car is capable of this as they accidentally stumbled upon this operation while the car was in limp mode for unrelated reasons. So it sounds like it should be doable...

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
On a totally unrelated subject; I found mention in some other threads about an Auto-Hold feature european GTIs have (not hill-hold). Is there a way to enable this for NA cars with the manual handbrake? What I'm really going after is a way to disable the DSG creep, where the car starts moving as soon as you let off the brake, vs only start moving once you press the throttle, on any level of surfaces.
Another user on here mentioned the car is capable of this as they accidentally stumbled upon this operation while the car was in limp mode for unrelated reasons. So it sounds like it should be doable...

Maybe i'm misunderstanding but i believe that is a feature of the electronic parking brake so if you don't have that i don't think you'll be able to activate it.

Evil Minion

Ready to race!
Maybe i'm misunderstanding but i believe that is a feature of the electronic parking brake so if you don't have that i don't think you'll be able to activate it.

Yeah, I figured as much for the auto-hold feature. But I'm hoping there's a separate setting that tells the TCU not to engage the clutches until the gas pedal is pressed, rather than when coming off of the brake (rather than the auto-hold feature which does this by keeping the parking brake engaged).