GOLFMKV

Direct Acceleration tweak via Vag-com.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Because Sport mode on DSG also adjust the shift points etc

dr_mk7_il

Ready to race!
The amount of placebo in both directions in this thread... lol

What would even be the point of this mod if all it does is match sport mode's throttle response... when you can just enable sports mode?
Not everyone has driving mode feature.
On a standard 6MT I can definitely feel a faster more crisp response from the peddle-throttle.

ashiun

Ready to race!
Not everyone has driving mode feature.
On a standard 6MT I can definitely feel a faster more crisp response from the peddle-throttle.

Wait, there are GTIs that don't have a driving mode feature? Whaaat *mindblown*

I actually didn't know that. So you don't have the driving mode feature, and you feel a difference with this vagcom tweak? Or you DO have the sport mode and you still feel a difference?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
All GTIs have Driving Modes. Not sure what he means by that.

dr_mk7_il

Ready to race!
All GTIs have Driving Modes. Not sure what he means by that.

No, they don't.
Maybe all NAR GTI's have the driving mode feature.
ROW cars (at least in EU market) can get it as a paid add-on feature.

I don't have driving mode selection fitted to my GTI and I did the change via OBD11.
I can definitely feel the difference.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
You guys do know you can be in Sport mode but still have the D shift points, right?

That way you get all the benefits of the sharper throttle, faster turning lights, stiffer steering, without the annoying high RPM shifts.

You mean with this tweak or...? Because I don't see any way to turn on sport throttle without sport shift points. If you do custom, the drivetrain option affects both the throttle and shift points.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
You mean with this tweak or...? Because I don't see any way to turn on sport throttle without sport shift points. If you do custom, the drivetrain option affects both the throttle and shift points.
That's if you just switched to the custom mode with the sport drivetrain. It automatically puts the DSG in S. Next time you start the car, though, the drivetrain is still in sport per your custom setting, but the DSG defaults to D.

Idk if throttle response is actually different or anything. I haven't done any of these tweaks, and I've kept this custom setting on my car since the day I bought it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

MadMen

Ready to race!
No need to restart. Simply pull the shifter back, and it will put the tranny in D, while leaving everything else in Sport mode.

Evil Minion

Ready to race!

No tweaks needed. You can alternate the shift points between D and S by pulling back on the stick. So if you're in full sport mode from the Mode button, you then pull back the stick and it just toggles the shift points to D, but you still get everything else from Sport mode.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
This + clutch stop + bleeder block makes shifting feel perfect.

Manual+JB4 here, definitely feel the difference. Less bucking in 1st and overall smoother power delivery, doesn't give a power surge like it used too. Also permanently in sport mode.

Maybe it's different for DSG folks.

This is what makes me want to try. I'm 6MT and always in sport mode as well. I'm confident if you feel the difference, so will I. There seems to be such unpredictable behavior with engagement and power delivery, especially going into 1st. Bleeder valve mod, clutch pedal stopper and spring delete have made it much more enjoyable, I'm wondering if this is the final piece to the puzzle?

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
No need to restart. Simply pull the shifter back, and it will put the tranny in D, while leaving everything else in Sport mode.
Yup, I'm just pointing out that the DSG always defaults to D whenever the car restarts, so if someone doesn't like the S shift points, they don't have to worry about it

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

IBFreeman

Ready to race!
This is what makes me want to try. I'm 6MT and always in sport mode as well. I'm confident if you feel the difference, so will I. There seems to be such unpredictable behavior with engagement and power delivery, especially going into 1st. Bleeder valve mod, clutch pedal stopper and spring delete have made it much more enjoyable, I'm wondering if this is the final piece to the puzzle?

Do it and let me know. I too could fill an unknown void as I am in the same situation as you.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
No, they don't.

Maybe all NAR GTI's have the driving mode feature.

ROW cars (at least in EU market) can get it as a paid add-on feature.

I don't have driving mode selection fitted to my GTI and I did the change via OBD11.

I can definitely feel the difference.

Did not know that about the ROW/EU GTIs...

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Do it and let me know. I too could fill an unknown void as I am in the same situation as you.

I will, probably going to be a couple more weeks before I get my GTI back though. We're building the engine and doing BOSS600. So after that I'll have to get used to the feel again, then I'll try the tweak. :)