GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

Evil Minion

Ready to race!
Does anyone know if there is a way to reprogram the buttons on radio? Would like to reprogram the traffic button to a mute one, since I’m never going to subscribe to traffic.

This would be nice to have. My free subscription runs out in a week and I'm definitely not paying money for that, but would also like to not have a useless button.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
This would be nice to have. My free subscription runs out in a week and I'm definitely not paying money for that, but would also like to not have a useless button.

Evil Minion: Down here in the very deep south, we have TMC - don't you have this ?

TMC is an "add-on" to the native SATNAV system- it automatically updates the screen showing trafficv problem. I also get a list of traffic updates when I press the TRAFFIC button. No money is paid by the driver. TMC happens over the commercial FM radio band here - it uses a sub-harmonic frequency of the stereo signal and data is transmitted using RDS.

TMC is turned off by VW Australia, but it's easy to turn-on (see below), but it needs an activation code. Here, the code is 1024 (our TMC is provided by SUNA)

here are the other codes for TMC that I know:

65535 - TMC OFF
1024 - SUNA Traffic (Intelematics)
0 - dev options
32771 online traffic + VW TMCPro

Don

dub_guy

Ready to race!
Don,

Our NA traffic is part of the SiriusXM satellite Travelink package. You have to pay extra to get the traffic over the cost of the standard satellite radio.

My car was reading 1532 for the TMC field.

I do see that there should be RDS TMC traffic, but have no idea how to find a code for our region.

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Don,

Our NA traffic is part of the SiriusXM satellite Travelink package. You have to pay extra to get the traffic over the cost of the standard satellite radio.

I do see that there should be RDS TMC traffic, but have no idea how to find a code for our region.

From what i've read in vortex people have tried to get it working in NA but with no luck.. Would love to get it as no way i'm pay $100+ per year for traffic updates when google maps is free and better.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
From what i've read in vortex people have tried to get it working in NA but with no luck.. Would love to get it as no way i'm pay $100+ per year for traffic updates when google maps is free and better.

Sirius XM traffic is $3.99/month. Hardly $100 a year - but still not particularly cheap.

Thru the '16 model year, VW provided 4 years of free traffic to go with the 3-month Sirius XM trial. For 2017, it's all now just 3 months. Fricken bean counters.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Don,

hmm........... how about this?

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Sirius XM traffic is $3.99/month. Hardly $100 a year - but still not particularly cheap.

Thru the '16 model year, VW provided 4 years of free traffic to go with the 3-month Sirius XM trial. For 2017, it's all now just 3 months. Fricken bean counters.

In the US is $3.99 a month.. in Canada you're required to get the music subscription before they'll offer you traffic, i got quoted $100 for a year. Could probably bring it down by arguing but i don't use the music portion (quality is garbage). I would pay $3.99 a month lol.

And yeah i was pretty pissed when i found that out, after 3 months my traffic updates stopped but the music keeps coming. It's like they're taunting me. Maybe it's because i only use it once a month it never receives the turn-off signal.

Bakili

Ready to race!
Can someone advise how to restore from back up. Also perform codding with Obdeleven? I am replacing door modules and backed both modules up. When I fit new modules, what is process. Also if I am unsuccessful with replacement modules, putting back my old modules will I need still code them?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

digitalrurouni

Passed Driver's Ed
Apologies if it's poor form to ask for price but what are you guys in the US paying for the obd11 bt adapter and the pro app together? Roughly $78 bucks from the obd11 site?

arres

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW MK7 Golf R
Apologies if it's poor form to ask for price but what are you guys in the US paying for the obd11 bt adapter and the pro app together? Roughly $78 bucks from the obd11 site?

Huh. Looks like they increased the price. I don’t recall paying much more than $55 direct from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
There was a licensing fee addition that didn't exist before. The OBD11 price increase reflects this.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I paid $83.87 (dongle + Pro) in September...shipped directly from OBDeleven to me in So Cal. It's a few bucks cheaper from DAP.

dub_guy

Ready to race!
hmm........... how about this?

Hey Don,

I only had to change the RDS setting. The other was as you show.

When I press the "info" button (after a system reboot), it show starting navigation for a couple of seconds and then the screen switches over to message about needing to subscribe to Travelink.