GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Parking Sensors + Reverse Camera

ptown

Hi, I'm probably gonna enquire this week about installing parking sensors and a reverse camera. I could just ask the question to the auto electrician however I might as well ask here just in case he does the entire job thinking it'll work and it doesn't end up working. I've read about aftermarket front and rear parking sensors not integrating with an aftermarket reverse camera on the screen (only shows the reverse camera screen or only shows the parking sensors screen). Can anyone confirm if they work together or not.

-Stinger-

Hi, I'm probably gonna enquire this week about installing parking sensors and a reverse camera. I could just ask the question to the auto electrician however I might as well ask here just in case he does the entire job thinking it'll work and it doesn't end up working. I've read about aftermarket front and rear parking sensors not integrating with an aftermarket reverse camera on the screen (only shows the reverse camera screen or only shows the parking sensors screen). Can anyone confirm if they work together or not.

Can't say anything definitive since there are hundreds of different aftermarket solutions. As a general rule of thumb it rarely works flawlessly like OEM.

I just had an OEM camera installed in my emblem. It works perfectly together with the OEM sensors and was rather cheap for an OEm part because I got the lowline version.

Se my post here:

"I was debating doing it myself for a long time - but would have hated to run into problems like this. So I struck a deal for power mirrors (with puddle lights) and a lowline reversing camera in the emblem.

The lowline Camera has better picture quality but lack the dynamic lines of the Highline - that nobody actually use. I was able to demo both camera types before choosing. They both have the same build quality and are both placed hidden inside the emblem. But due to the fact that the high version needs to run its picture trough a small computer to add the moving dynamic lines, the picture quality is noticeable worse. It's not horrible, but considering the lowline is cheaper I choose to go with a clearer picture. I already get the dynamic lines from my parking sensors that works nicely together with the camera."

ptown

Can't say anything definitive since there are hundreds of different aftermarket solutions. As a general rule of thumb it rarely works flawlessly like OEM.

I just had an OEM camera installed in my emblem. It works perfectly together with the OEM sensors and was rather cheap for an OEm part because I got the lowline version.

Se my post here:

"I was debating doing it myself for a long time - but would have hated to run into problems like this. So I struck a deal for power mirrors (with puddle lights) and a lowline reversing camera in the emblem.

The lowline Camera has better picture quality but lack the dynamic lines of the Highline - that nobody actually use. I was able to demo both camera types before choosing. They both have the same build quality and are both placed hidden inside the emblem. But due to the fact that the high version needs to run its picture trough a small computer to add the moving dynamic lines, the picture quality is noticeable worse. It's not horrible, but considering the lowline is cheaper I choose to go with a clearer picture. I already get the dynamic lines from my parking sensors that works nicely together with the camera."

Yeah that's what i thought, if you don't mind me asking where did you get your OEM parts from? thanks mate.

-Stinger-

Yeah that's what i thought, if you don't mind me asking where did you get your OEM parts from? thanks mate.

You can order them online from multiple places. Stores like Kufatec and Carsystems often provide detailed instructions. I just contacted a local garage that only deals in retrofitting OEM VAG parts. They do so many cars per day that they can practically install mirrors, cameras, parking sensors, ACC etc blindfolded.

Installing and coding both power mirrors and reversingngcamera was done in one hour. It would have taken me two days.

-Stinger-

You have to be careful as RVC not working on all OEM headunits

The "high" camera (see post above) requires a news HU. MIB2 Discover Media or Pro if I recall correctly. The low camera however can be installed on most models. Maybe not on the smallest Composition Colour- but then again, with a screen that small a rvc is not that useful.