GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Whats a smoking deal on an R??

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
It isn't full time AWD. The car has to "sense" something happening to actually get the AWD to engage. If it was full time AWD, I believe the handling would be a little more predictable.

Misshe11

Passed Driver's Ed
What are some reasons why people get rid of Rs after so few miles? Was it a '17?

The guy I bought it from was a buyer at a dealership where I was looking at a 16 R... He flips cars every 6 months and said "make me an offer" :).

I think the clutch is ok on it... Its a totally stock car, even has that new car smell still... I traded a 13 GTI for it, mostly because I really disliked driving with its DSG transmission. Too much of a lazy drive.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I'd be very curious to know too but my guess is the R would beat the GTI hands down. Its not just the power advantage its the handling improvement of AWD.

Eh, the Haldex AWD is pretty shitty, esp with the open diff in the front. GTI PP gets a real LSD, and weighs less. Clubsport beats the R around the track... Doesn't take much modification to a GTI to make it a CS

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
Eh, the Haldex AWD is pretty shitty

Hmm, seems like it works like a charm on my stage 2 R when exiting corners and also when traction is needed at any other time. :confused:

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Must you troll on EVERY SINGLE manual transmission-related post? It's getting really old and tired, and making you look like a whiny little baby.

Relax, 1 thread that was about 0-60 performance, with fabricated unrealistic times. And one joke on another, which very well could have some truth to it. How's that trolling? You're the one pissing and moaning, probably sitting down while you do it.

Gnosisdog

Passed Driver's Ed
Eh, the Haldex AWD is pretty shitty, GTI PP gets a real LSD, and weighs less. Clubsport beats the R around the track... Doesn't take much modification to a GTI to make it a CS
Its certainly a system with pluses and minuses, but the Haldex can't be that shitty if Audi is using it on the RS3. And you need to qualify what kind of track on which a CS beats an R. On a tight auto-x course I'd love to see what happens. The CS has reached a point where that much FWD power is overwhelming the chassis on a tight course. And in the real world on real roads I'd vastly prefer to have the Haldex with that much power on hand. And if you're modding a GTI to a CS then you might similarly mod an R and then see which wins- on any track.