GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2017 Sport 6MT Transmission Leak @ 3K miles ??

Bricktops

Passed Driver's Ed
So I just left the dealership in a loaner car after taking it in for an oil change. :(
After the inspection, they told me that the transmission is leaking from the axle mount. The car is brand new! I was totally confused because I have been babying the car ever since I got it. Never drive it too hard and keep it under the 4-5k rpm range. The only mods done are intake, exhaust and a dogbone insert.
I asked them what the cause was and they didnt really give me a solid answer. When asked if it was covered by the warranty, the manager said, "yea, it shoud, maybe." I've been stressed out all morning and hoping they dont give me shit for having the insert mount. They did question it a bit.
Has anyone had any issues like this due to a dogbone insert? Perhaps, hopefully a manufacturer defect ?
Thanks

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
99% manufacturer defect. Nothing to do with how you've driven it, or your mods. Don't worry

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Idk if this is related to the known, if not common, issue of the rear main seal. Could be. Might not be. I wouldn't worry too much tho.

TheProfessional

Go Kart Newbie
I had the transmission replaced on a 2013 GTI under warranty due to leak. They said it was a defect in the trans case itself that was causing the leak. Car only had 3200 miles on it.