GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GOLF MK7 VCDS TWEAKS

cebbes30

Passed Driver's Ed
I it treu that when you flash a gateway with vcp the error message Always be in the system. the eroor is a message that you upgrade the gateway.
With vcds it wont goout.

Mario2

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf
I have make a research and the units affected by component protection is infotainment, cluster and airbag ?

Enviado desde mi Z5 Premium E6853 mediante Tapatalk

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
I have make a research and the units affected by component protection is infotainment, cluster and airbag ��

Mario: the following control modules are included in the Component Protection "Constellation" on a mk7:
J234 Airbag control unit
J285 Control unit in dash panel insert
J428 Adaptive cruise control unit
J519 On-board power supply control unit
J533 Data bus diagnosis interface
J685 Display unit for front information display and operating unit control unit
J794 Control unit 1 for information electronics
R Radio​

The component protection master is J533 CAN Gateway

Every time that the ignition is turned-on in a mk7, J533 checks the identity of each of the control modules in the list above and it compares this list with the identity of these control modules at the previous switch-on (where no CP error occurred). If the identity of any control module differs, a Component Protection error is generated. So CP errors don't appear until the ignition is switched-on

If an old control module is replaced once a CP error is generated, it should remove the CP message because the identity of the control module will line-up with the identity in the J533 database list. But if a new module is installed and the CP error is generated and subsequently the CP error is deleted (by the dealer), replacing the old control module will generate a new CP error because the identity of the module in the master J533 will be the new module (hope this makes sense)
If the CP master is changed (i.e. J533), then a CP error will be generated because the reference identity list in J533 will need to be established!

The only way that I know-of for removing CP is by connection to FAZIT (dealer tool) - as you have said. VW maintain that CP is meant to address thieving of car parts on the black-market, but it's probably intended to provide more income for dealers!.

Don

Last edited:

Mario2

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf
I will add the colourful cluster to my golf when I see one because mine has the black and white cluster

ghost_rider

Hi
Fitted TPMS today but cannot complete it coz I have passat_tirepressure_5q0907273A.zdc missing. The only one in my folder is for Tiguan but it wont work.
Does any one have that file maybe? All updated and still nothing.
Thanks

EDIT
Sorted that file now

Last edited:

KCchiefin

Ready to race!
Got my VCDS in the mail yesterday and did some re-coding. There were a couple things I couldn't find however, the Battery Charge and XDS channels weren't in my list. Has anyone else run into this? Are these channels not installed/available to all GTIs?

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Got my VCDS in the mail yesterday and did some re-coding. There were a couple things I couldn't find however, the Battery Charge and XDS channels weren't in my list. Has anyone else run into this? Are these channels not installed/available to all GTIs?

Have you got the PP GTI as only they have the differential?

spelk3

Ready to race!
Car(s)
‘17 BMW xDrive35i

Set XDS to "Strong"
03 ABS Brakes
Security code 20103
Select "no display" from drop down menu
Default is Standard

Change to what you want it to be.

KCchiefin

Ready to race!
Cool thank you I'll try that when I get home.

I have the non-pp version

sapz

Passed Driver's Ed
Help!!

I was changing lighting settings using VCDS, to change the blink feature while using turn signals and my car lighting is jacked up :(

Bad Symptoms:

-I'm getting an error saying both my DRL's are out
-The DRL's don't turn on when using Parking lights
-Only left fog works
- Only left for lights up for coming up lights

I'm really hoping someone can help me set everything back to default. Here are the changes I made... and the warnings came after (12)-Leuchte2SL I think.. does anyone know the default values for (12)-Leuchte2SL and (12)-Leuchte3SL ?

--------

DRL TURN SIGNAL DIM

If you want the DRL to dim when indicating, make sure:
(6)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert AB 2 and (6)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert AB 3) is 100. 127 causes it to stay bright. There is no difference between 100 and 127 in light output.
Same for the CD Channel brightness. Default is 26, but I like mine at 100. Just don't use 127.

Then simply set:
(12)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion E 2 = Blinken links aktiv (beide Phasen)
(12)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion E 3 = Blinken rechts aktiv (beide Phasen)
(14)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert EF 3 = 26
(14)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert EF 2 = 26
(15)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimming Direction EF 2 = minimize
(15)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimming Direction EF 3 = minimize

Thanks a ton to anyone who can help!!

Last edited: