GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just Fitted a DTUK box and the DIS seems very inaccurate.

terrymcg

Hi Gents,

Just fitted a DTUK box onto my 2016 GTD.

Is it common for the DIS to way over read the MPG after installation. I am getting like 65MPG on a trip that I know would normally get 52mpg.

I know DTUK claim better fuel consumption, but that seems unreal. I will check by filling the tank, driving and then re filling.

Just wondered if its the norm for the DIS to no longer be accurate after installation?

Also does anyone have any concrete info on the different program setting and what they are supposed to do differently?

Terry

mattyh3

hi terry.

been looking at a dtuk box myself for my GTD but they not performed to well on the last two cars i had them on.
my gearbox broke after 5k with one on me astra but managed to get it under warranty and put one on me ds4 i had and caused loads of dpf problems within a month of having it.
Could you let me know how you get on with it on the gtd as they do improve the car and been 4 years since i have had one of there boxes.

cheers

Fairley_46

hi, i fitted mine last night to my gtd.

what setting are you running on the box bud?

Also did you get the bluetooth version?

Regards

Andrew

Mickyp1989

Hi Gents,

Just fitted a DTUK box onto my 2016 GTD.

Is it common for the DIS to way over read the MPG after installation. I am getting like 65MPG on a trip that I know would normally get 52mpg.

I know DTUK claim better fuel consumption, but that seems unreal. I will check by filling the tank, driving and then re filling.

Just wondered if its the norm for the DIS to no longer be accurate after installation?

Also does anyone have any concrete info on the different program setting and what they are supposed to do differently?

Terry

im always sceptical with these DTUk claims. How many miles do you get out of a full tank?

Havnt seen a single dyno print out of people who claim to have 240hp/350lb/ft these boxes give them. 220hp/340lb/ft seems more realistic

JHWP

Passed Driver's Ed
Are there any members here that have a DTUK box fitted to their MK7 GTD's and have had their cars on a dyno? Maybe they could post up the dyno print outs for us to see?