GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

website to update SatNav

mawallace

Ready to race!
Can someone let me have the link to update the SatNav in Mk7 Golf. I can see the one on the Vw website but I thought I used to download it from the map provider direct? The VW ones look out of date.

It's the europe version I want.

SnapMobil

Hi. I have accessed the above website and I have downloaded the Discover Care software. But whenever I open it it is saying " Connection not possible. A connection to the update server is currently impossible. Please check your internet connectivity." My internet connection is fine of course. If I click on OK, I then proceed to choose Update for systems without Volkswagen SD card ( I have bought the car 2 days ago and I have found no Vw SD card in it ). I then go on and choose Discover Pro ( which is what I have factory fitted ), but that's about it. It won't let me download anything. I am guessing it's the software itself. Anyone have any idea how to fix it? I wouldn't want to rush to the dealer and pay £65 for the card itself when all the map updates for my Navigation System are free. Any advice would help. Thanks

KFiddy

Passed Driver's Ed
Maybe geoblocking you? I have the same message pop up , follow the link and just download the maps, don't use discover care, I think the newer systems will let you use a non vw sd card to upload to unit in the car, mine is an older system that has to run from the SD card and I just backed up the old maps and deleted them and loaded the new maps onto the card

Last edited:

SnapMobil

Thanks for your reply. I have further researched the issue and a lot of people have been having problems with the DiscoverCare software. I have the Discover Pro and I am told by Volkswagen that it DOES NOT come with a VW SD card from factory. But if I want to update the maps I have to pay £65 for a VW SD card ... makes sense, doesn't it ? :O