GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Athos' 2017 MK7 White GTI Sport PP

flygteye

Ready to race!
I was just about to order those parts too but now I need a new battery so maybe next month. Where did you get them and how hard was the install. Notice any difference? Nice pics too.

athos56

Ready to race!
I was just about to order those parts too but now I need a new battery so maybe next month. Where did you get them and how hard was the install. Notice any difference? Nice pics too.

I just got them on and haven't left the house yet. For some reason E-Acca.com sent me two of each of the panels (First picture). Shoot me an pm I'll could sell them at cost + shipping. You'll need to get the 4 pop rivets, 2 screws and a clip, since they didn't send extra hardware.

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GSX-Rs
Ok the jack pads are installed.

;) You're not finished yet.....

jack pad cover plugs.jpg

Local hardware store. :cool:

athos56

Ready to race!
Updates

I got the two extra aero panels and the skid guard installed. After having them on for a couple tanks of gas, I believe they provide positive benefits both in how the car drives and fuel economy. I'm going to try some of those Philips head screw rivets the next time I have to take off that center channel cover. I realized the regular ones will be a pain to remove when I get to install a down pipe... Yesterday I was home ill so I modified the stock air intake in the usual way. I also installed the curved plastic bit that blocks off the engine side of the intake. Today, a Forge turbo blanket came in the mail so that's going on this weekend. I'll try and get pictures of both installed.

Attachments

• IMG_20180201_183923a.jpg
    IMG_20180201_183923a.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 596
  • IMG_20180201_184031a.jpg
    IMG_20180201_184031a.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 599
  • IMG_20180201_184154a.jpg
    IMG_20180201_184154a.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 593

athos56

Ready to race!
Well today was a day of minor success and major failure. :/ The modified intake went on easy pesy. The Turbo blanket did not, and in the process it was totally shredded and the stuffing falling out. IDK if it was a function of my GTI being a performance package or what but it was impossible to get the drivers side leg of blanket to feed through to a point where you could grab it from either above or below. From below my GTI looks nothing like any of the GTIs I've seen in any video, there is none of the space in the video and there is no whitish looking heat shield. If you jam your entire arm up from the side you could barely touch the part that snapped into the main turbo blanket but that's it. I'll try it again with a new blanket when I take the DP off.

athos56

Ready to race!
Today I was going to put on the ECS Rear Subframe Brace and a 034 25mm Rear Sway Bar. That was the plan.... ECS sent the wrong sway bar, which I didn't realize until the old one was off. I did put the subframe brace on when I reinstalled the stock sway bar. One thing about the install, is that a lot of the reading I did seemed to indicate that doing the install on ramps would be better. I found it limited the space you have to work with. However, I was trying to install a bar that was wayyy to big. My impression of the brace is positive! I felt it right away, which surprised me because I thought it would be more subtle. I think when I install my new RSB I'll use the soft setting.

athos56

Ready to race!
Mod List
RSE05 Wheels
AS3+ Tires
Steel Oil Pan
Skid Plate
Center Channel Cover
Rear Exhaust Tunnel Cover
High Flow Air Filter
Air Intake Mods (Drilled out drivers side and plugged back plate)
APR Stainless insert
Roc-Euro Dogbone Mount
ECS Rear Brace (removed, issues with fitment/making noise with the 034 RSB)
034 Engine and Transmission Mounts
034 Rear Sway Bar
Majesty Intercooler
EBAY Downpipe
Forge Turbo Blanket

Various OBD11 mods

MODS ON DECK
JB4
Springs (ED or DG or Eibach or VWR, Something linear)
Bilstein B6 or B8 (depending on the spring drop)
034 Fixed Camber mounts

Last edited:

athos56

Ready to race!
Some goodies.

Got my 034 Mounts and bolts, some wheel hangers so I can rotate my tires, and my replacement plastic clips for my Magic Intercooler. Just need a 6-pack and I think I got tomorrow covered.

Attachments

• IMG_20180510_174908.jpg
    IMG_20180510_174908.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 416