GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTD Mk7.5 sound and sport pack

paul83

Hi all just wondering is the sound and sport pack available in the new
Mk7.5 GTD?

I have a mk7 and it included red brake calipers and sound actuator?? In the exhaust.

Is this standard in the mk7.5?

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Never seen it advertised on the MK7.5, and the numerous MK 7.5 GTD's I've seen on my travels all have silver brake calipers and a rear exhaust silencer, so I would guess no.

TBH, whilst I know the sound is all fake, is does bring to the surface the child in me and it does make a half decent sound (for a diesel), and the red brake calipers just add a nice sporty touch under the 19" Santiago's. One of the better options I ticked and shame it hasn't made the transition to the MK 7.5.

paul83

Ye it definitely covers up the diesel sound a bit and kind of encourages you to push it on. The red calipers are now a no cost option here in Ireland but no mention of the sound pack though so I thought it may be standard but I guess not!

Sladky

Hello, sound actuator isn't include in mk7 gtd facelift, facelift has sport&style pack, not sport&"sound" like previous.
I have gtd with sport&style pack which contains red brake calipers, active info display and 18" alloy wheels Sevilla.

Last edited:

DanDuda48

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GTI & GTD
No, Sport & Sound pack are not available on GTD since summer 2016. Therefore it is not on GTD mk7.5.
Sound & Style might be in some EU countries (that's why Sladky has it in Czech Republic), but it is not currently available for order as an option in the UK...

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Probably because most of what seems to be contained in the "Sound & Style" pack is included as standard on UK spec GTD (active info display and 18" Alloy wheels), so the only bit missing is the red calipers.