GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

#Tsilivesmatter - The White Silver TSI build

myles1

Ready to race!
Wow, that’s crazy it’s actually you. I was parked in P4, just next to P8. I like to park in the empty lot so no idiots hit my car. I didn’t see the MB (too mesmerized by the dynamic turn signals haha), I saw you pulling into P8, I was running around the track above the basketball court.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monchhichi1998hk

Passed Driver's Ed
Spring has arrived! Goodbye winter tires.

Bought a set of serron wheels and tires a month ago, however last week there's a sudden freezing rain storm affecting Ontario so I can't change my summers :(

This week, it's warm and sunny outside, perfect for tire change, painting my brake calipers and install the GTI style Spoiler

Goodbye winter tires

Need to sand out some of the rust

Done!

Serron looks good on MK7!

Next mod will be installing spring and exhaust
Thanks Alex from Young's Garage (aka his house) for the assist!

monchhichi1998hk

Passed Driver's Ed
How’d you go about sourcing the spoiler? How was the install?

It's from the Chinese version of Aliexpress (i.e. Taobao)
cost like 100cad with shipping
One thing to expect is that there's a slight fitment issue (not a big deal)
Overall is acceptable.
Install is easy, I first stick the spoiler onto the top, then plug in the trim piece of rear upper brake lights, last was the side spoiler, used around 10 mins

You plan on getting the FL LED headlights?

I will but not this year coz I am saving money on JB1, intake and spring.
I know the stock halogen is trash, but I might get some led fog lights as alternative (at lease for 2018).

Last edited:

monchhichi1998hk

Passed Driver's Ed
Stepped into the exhaust shop and left with a GTI!

I mean GTSI...

Anyway, installed the stock GTI catback from a 2015 GTI, excpet the tips, other pipes are direct fit. (glad vw did not change the pattern of the path.)

It's slightly louder than stock TSI exhaust (at 2000+rpm), idling sounds deeper and "thicker"

My friends bet I will do a muffler delete in not even three months in order to get a louder sound...lol...

monchhichi1998hk

Passed Driver's Ed
Stored the car for 3 months and need a battery jump start from CAA, here are all the things that have done after the vacation.

Painted my Serron wheels in black

Black badge + White Silver Inlay

also tinted side and rear windows, and aFe drop in filter

Last edited:

Chevrolet

Nice, Just stumbled on this thread - I'm planning to remedy the exhaust the same way on mine eventually. Which shop did your exhaust work? I am in Mississauga, and was debating going aftermarket or having a shop build an exhaust for me - which is probably cheaper but not sure how that may affect resale etc in the future.

monchhichi1998hk

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice, Just stumbled on this thread - I'm planning to remedy the exhaust the same way on mine eventually. Which shop did your exhaust work? I am in Mississauga, and was debating going aftermarket or having a shop build an exhaust for me - which is probably cheaper but not sure how that may affect resale etc in the future.

I went to a shop located in 220 norseman Etobicoke for installing the GTI exhaust, for muffler delete my bodyshop helped me to do it after a rear-ended accident.

What kind of exhaust are you looking for, a muffler delete or just something other than the TSI exhaust?

rstaylor25

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice write up so far dude, Niagara area here. Love seeing more TSI journals! What are your plans on suspension? I’ve got some ST Coilovers and rear sway bar to install come spring.

I really love those 7.5 tail lights, would you say the install was pretty easy?

monchhichi1998hk

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice write up so far dude, Niagara area here. Love seeing more TSI journals! What are your plans on suspension? I’ve got some ST Coilovers and rear sway bar to install come spring.

I really love those 7.5 tail lights, would you say the install was pretty easy?

Thanks dude, for suspension, I was planning for some VW DG spring or Eibach, but I heard the installation fee might be same price as spring, so the cost end up will be similar to coilovers, I really don't know the difference of all-in price between the two methods, what's your total cost btw?

For 7.5 taillights, installation was not easy, I need to run wire through the hatch and it was a real pain.

rstaylor25

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks dude, for suspension, I was planning for some VW DG spring or Eibach, but I heard the installation fee might be same price as spring, so the cost end up will be similar to coilovers, I really don't know the difference of all-in price between the two methods, what's your total cost btw?

For 7.5 taillights, installation was not easy, I need to run wire through the hatch and it was a real pain.

Ill be doing the install myself, so that will cut down cost big time. Going by the price on Garage16, it’ll come to about $1300 all in. I’ve held off on buying wheels and tires until I can remedy the absolutely awful wheel gap our cars come with.

At first I was planning on VWR springs, since I’ve seen used sets going for $250-400 but they will eventually ruin the stock dampers. I plan on having the stock struts installed when I decide to sell or trade my car in.

You should check out MK7 Golf TSI on Facebook, lots of useful info for our cars.