GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Park assist perpendicular

n.l611

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum, first time vw owner! so quited excited

I have a 2018 vw alltrack

I have the driver assist package but when i use park assist it only uses parallel park and doesn't reverse park.

I read a bunch of places that if you press the button twice it changes but it doesnt do that on mine.

Was wondering is this a canadian version thing or is it because the park assist isnt the newest/ updated one?

thanks in advance for any answers/help

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Works fine on my Canadian 2016 GTI.

Not sure why they would but maybe they removed the perp park feature in newer models.

n.l611

Works fine on my Canadian 2016 GTI.

Not sure why they would but maybe they removed the perp park feature in newer models.
Ye i seen it work on so many different cars so I'm just wondering I'll go to the dealer ship to see what's up. Maybe it only with the alltrack....the parallel works great though!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

n.l611

Figured it out....

Have to drive by the empty spot so the system calculates the space on it's own....pretty cool

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

kingkhan

Ready to race!
i dont like how it doesnt detect parallel parking on the left side. For example on one way streets where you can park on either side. It's a little annoying, but the car is pretty easy to park anyways

nype

Drag Racing Champion
i dont like how it doesnt detect parallel parking on the left side. For example on one way streets where you can park on either side. It's a little annoying, but the car is pretty easy to park anyways

It certainly can. You need to signal left to tell it to look for a spot on that side.

yakboyslim

Go Kart Champion
Big thing with the park assist is that it needs the "drive-by" to build a picture of the spot. If you drive past a spot then notice it you have to either pull in yourself - or back up, turn on park assist, then drive forward, then let it back into the spot.

Watched my wife almost crash the alltrack because she turned on park assist after finding a spot. She's a good enough driver to say "well the computer effed that away" and take over, but was still comical.