GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
That's good news!

Taking my new(to me) 1911 Ultra Compact Hi-Cap out this weekend hopefully.

I just registered it to Springfield Armory for any possible warranty claims in the future, and got to shop their store at a discounted price because of it! Cha-ching

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks for the reminder to register.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
3 FTFs in my 1911....bit disappointed. My new fancy polymers have never FTF or FTE ever even when brand new. People are telling me to modify the feed ramp...to me that is a design flaw if that's the case. Any 1911 people here? It's my first one. Shoots great and I love the feel, but the 3 malfunctions in 300 rounds left me puzzled and concerned. FMJ ball ammo at that, the hollow points fed great. I was going to make it my carry piece but until I correct that issue I will most certainly not carry it.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Sorry if I missed it, but what rifle is in the first Instagram link? Sort of reminds me of a stainless Tikka I have.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Sorry if I missed it, but what rifle is in the first Instagram link? Sort of reminds me of a stainless Tikka I have.
Ruger American Rifle Magnum in .300 Win Mag. Vortex Crossfire II optic. I have it zeroed at only 100 yards right now, heavy rain interrupted the process. I want to zero it at 200 yards.

DirtyMike2

I need to put some foam or something in my under seat drawer.
Always taking a corner and think something is loose in my seat...
Then I'm like oh yeah, it's the XDS sliding around in there.

Same here man. I keep my XDS 3.3" 9mm under my seat and I know exactly what sound you are talking about when taking a fast turn.

I plan on taking that bin out and rigging a kydex holster to the bottom of the seat.

armedferret

Ready to race!
That looks sweet! Nice rifle.

Thank you kindly. Colt flattop, Colt SOCOM profile barrel, DD RIS II, pinned BCM A2X. The lower also pulls duty with my mk12 Holland build, but that's not entirely finished yet so for now, this'll do. ;)

I have a couple more 80's on the way (right2bear is having an inventory reduction sale, 26 bucks each) and one will be set for this upper.

Also have paperwork submitted for this guy now. So I'll be breaking him outta jail in about a year. :(

AEM5 In Jail by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

Allen Engineering AEM5, for the mk12 clones (and the wife's Recce, because you're goddamned right I built a rifle for her that uses the same collar/brake..."oh look honey, this suppressor works on YOUR gun too! we should get it!!" :D )

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
I hope suppressors are no longer Class III soon.
Active LE in NY can now acquire them without their Sheriff's approval. Times are a changing...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Active LE in NY can now acquire them without their Sheriff's approval. Times are a changing...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

How's that possible? The BATF form requires their signature. Or are you saying they just sign it? Still confers approval as far as the BATF is concerned.

Even so, it's still the elite vs. us. I'm sure you know sworn LEO's refer to us peons as citizens but they never refer to each other as such.

If they ever change the rules for, there's still the issue of having/buying/modifying a firearm with a threaded barrel to accept it. And it works best on a .22 unless you get a really big suppressor which probably costs more than the gun.

I hope everyone knows, if you fire any substantial caliber (perhaps even the lowly .22LR) inside you home, like if when there's an armed intruder(s), after your first shot you won't hear anything for seconds or minutes. So try to make sure there's only one, because you might not hear the second or rest of the intruders. To say nothing of being temporarily blinded by the muzzle flash if it's at night. I wish the advocates would mention these reasons for justifying suppressors but I guess they're not PC to the snowflakes.

I keep electronic earmuffs close by for now.

Last edited:

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
This is how you get them through an airport.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk