GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB Log Comparison Thread

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Didn't want to let the cat out of the bag, but I am also working with someone on an etune project. Not well known in the VW scene (popular in others) but may be shortly. I am only in the beginning stages...and this thing feels like it would walk my MAP stage 2 tune no problem.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Now you're just being a tease. [emoji14]

Can't wait to get my MAP downpipe...probably go etune afterward, since that'll likely be my last performance mod until next spring. Unless MAP can get their stage 2 ironed out for 2016s. I don't like how Cobb does their stages, but then again I didn't buy the AP for the ots Cobb tunes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Ok here are my logs for Rev-B. One thing to note on all of them when I step on the gas the PSI drops from around 25 to 23. Any idea why. I questioned Justin about it and will see what he says. Torque seems to be none existent at the low rpm but the car feels a lot more powerful up top. Best of all no KR. Also pulls were done back to back after 2 previous ones that I forgot to turn the TC off. So the temp is a bit high.

http://datazap.me/u/deviation01/pull-3-tc?log=0&data=1-5-10-27

http://datazap.me/u/deviation01/pull-4-tc?log=0&data=1-5-10-27

2sloww the more people that e-tune our cars the better. So far the freektune has been liked by the car

Perry01

Ready to race!
Also pulls were done back to back after 2 previous ones that I forgot to turn the TC off. So the temp is a bit high.

You have steady boost after the spike at low RPM. Pretty clean log.

IAT's climb 40° above ambient on the second pull. You really should upgrade your intercooler. Especially since you are in the process of an e-tune. Summer is around the corner and Freektune is tuning your car for the mods you currently have. The more boost you run the higher your IAT's are going to be. What happens after you get revision E then decide to upgrade your IC. Will Freek start all over again?

georgiatechME

Ready to race!
Ok here are my logs for Rev-B. One thing to note on all of them when I step on the gas the PSI drops from around 25 to 23. Any idea why. I questioned Justin about it and will see what he says. Torque seems to be none existent at the low rpm but the car feels a lot more powerful up top. Best of all no KR. Also pulls were done back to back after 2 previous ones that I forgot to turn the TC off. So the temp is a bit high.

2sloww the more people that e-tune our cars the better. So far the freektune has been liked by the car

Refer to my previous post regarding which parameters to add to the log. Target boost will answer your question.

You'll have "peak" boost a tad above your target boost when the turbo spools. Your wastegate will actuate and manage the exhaust flow to get the peak back down to the target.

Last edited:

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Refer to my previous post regarding which parameters to add to the log. Target boost will answer your question.

You'll have "peak" boost a tad above your target boost when the turbo spools. Your wastegate will actuate and manage the exhaust flow to get the peak back down to the target.

Ahh i see. I will do that next time!

You have steady boost after the spike at low RPM. Pretty clean log.

IAT's climb 40° above ambient on the second pull. You really should upgrade your intercooler. Especially since you are in the process of an e-tune. Summer is around the corner and Freektune is tuning your car for the mods you currently have. The more boost you run the higher your IAT's are going to be. What happens after you get revision E then decide to upgrade your IC. Will Freek start all over again?

I know but I just dont have the $$ to afford a new IC...they are a bit pricey. I guess I will have to fork out the 70 bucks for a revision after. IC budget is not anywhere close.
The second pull was actually pull number 4. All where back to back so it did show that.

Venumous

Ready to race!

georgiatechME

Ready to race!

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
Damnnnnn!! That's a ton of boost (28.1 peak) and a ton of timing (8 degrees peak)at the end.

Also, you're making all that @ 83 F IAT's with no correction that's pretty insane.

No KR either! You must be a friggen beast.

I would love to see a dyno graph for that log.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
So my car went on the dyno and I got tuned by Jon Drenas @ 5150 Racing in Santa Ana, CA. I am very happy with my new tune. Jon is an awesome tuner and a really cool guy. I'll do a more detailed post probably tomorrow but here is a quick log with my new tune.

http://www.datazap.me/u/hexxum001/log-1493275236?log=0&data=1-6-7-12-14-16-20-21-22-23

Note the AFR here, this is the first tune I've seen with richer AFR (12's) combined with a ton of boost and timing.

All the other runes I've seen use leaner AFR and negative timing to create torque down low. This tune follows what someone would normally expect.

28 psi spike with 22psi taper, lets see if the turbo issues are sorted lol

georgiatechME

Ready to race!
Note the AFR here, this is the first tune I've seen with richer AFR (12's) combined with a ton of boost and timing.

All the other runes I've seen use leaner AFR and negative timing to create torque down low. This tune follows what someone would normally expect.

28 psi spike with 22psi taper, lets see if the turbo issues are sorted lol

Well said. He was able to keep the temps low (EGT is a decent way to see this) by throwing in more fuel at the beginning of the pull. It allowed more space for boost and timing. I believe that most tuners have avoided this approach because blown turbo's are bad for business :). That really is a lot of boost.

Hexxum, be sure to log trgt boost next time.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
Well said. He was able to keep the temps low (EGT is a decent way to see this) by throwing in more fuel at the beginning of the pull. It allowed more space for boost and timing. I believe that most tuners have avoided this approach because blown turbo's are bad for business :). That really is a lot of boost.

Hexxum, be sure to log trgt boost next time.

His boost could be high due to his higher IAT's given he is in SoCal. Wonder what the boost would be if it was lower temps. Also I'm assuming hes running 91 also.

The 28.1 PSI / 8 degrees of timing on 91 does seem quite aggressive.

georgiatechME

Ready to race!
His boost could be high due to his higher IAT's given he is in SoCal. Wonder what the boost would be if it was lower temps. Also I'm assuming hes running 91 also.

The 28.1 PSI / 8 degrees of timing on 91 does seem quite aggressive.

His IAT's actually peak at 85F, which is a little low compared to what they will be during a hot summer day and maybe a fun canyon-carving trip. He'll be running more boost (and/or less timing, per ECU logic).

If he's running 91, I'd be amazed with that amount of boost and advance with no KR!

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
His IAT's actually peak at 85F, which is a little low compared to what they will be during a hot summer day and maybe a fun canyon-carving trip. He'll be running more boost (and/or less timing, per ECU logic).

If he's running 91, I'd be amazed with that amount of boost and advance with no KR!

Haha, 85 is considered hot during a log in my parts. If I remember correctly Hexx only runs 91 even when he was on the MAP tunes. So ya 91 with that kind of log is ULTRA surprising