GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2 Door GTI's

gregv

Hah! Just found this thread. The very first pic is my car, the day I bought it, back in 2013.

Taken in Maranello next to the Ferrari factory museum about to undergo its 200km of charging up the Apennine mountains engine break-in :D

Funny side story, the reason I have a 2 door: I am a performance junkie. So I was sitting down at the salesman's desk in Modena ordering the car (btw I had NEVER driven any kind of MK7 when I ordered - bought purely based on reviews and only because of the active diff meant FWD was no longer the realm of satan) and we're going through the options. Sunroof? Uhm, It has an aluminium roof and I'm gonna put heavy glass and motors on it? hell no. Then the guy asks me 2 or 4 doors (4 doors was an optional extra but EVERYONE takes it). I ask, in Italian, what the "peso" (weight) is. He thinks, since I'm canadian, I mean "prezzo" (price). "€850" he says. Me: "il peso?" him, again, "€850". My Italian girlfriend leans in, "no, no... He is actually, REALLY, asking you the WEIGHT of the doors. *PERPLEXED LOOK ON FACE OF SALESMAN*. No idea. Some googling on my phone, 26kg or so. "2 doors please!" :D:D:D

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie

VMRWheels1

Ready to race!
Picked up my GTI today after completing the sale of my e90 this morning! Been a long day to say the least, but I'm already in love with this thing.
2016 mk7 GTI (s)
Pure White
Lighting package
2 door, 6spd manual (first manual car!)

I was giggling like a little girl the entire way home (95 miles).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

you didn't mess around when you said you were pickin one up after the e90 sale! LOL congrats and it's 6 speed, sick! :eek: lots of beautiful places to take pictures in the Napa area, can't wait to make my next trip out there!!

gti330ex

Go Kart Newbie
No, please let it die. For the sake of us who are jelly they couldn't get a fricken GTI in 2 doors. You know, the classic combo....breath....breath.

Anyway, nothing to see here, kill this thread. Oh, and screw you VW!

Hahaha! I literally had to google '2dr mk7' today to see some images and that's how I came across this thread, as this forum is like 95% 4dr - you know what happens when you start seeing the same thing over, and over again?

Sorry man, I had to do it :D (btw.. let me know if you want to trade, I could use an extra set of doors)

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
Nice revive of this thread. Here's an old pic of when I got her off the lot nearly 2 years ago!. I'll get some more soon once I wash the damn thing

Mk7_713

My Baby :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mk7_713

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk