GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

USB Splitter?

boxerpixie

In typical German fashion, the USB port is near impossible to plug something into on the first go and it's difficult to see (eye roll) in my 2017 Golf AllTrack. I purchased a 4 hub USB gizmo hoping that I could plug that in, and then be able to plug in both my Android phone and my iPod but no luck. :mad:

When each item is individually plugged in to the USB port it works fine, but when I plug the multi-port hub into the car and then plug in the items, nothing.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Moral support for my aggravation?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Why not keep a cable plugged in and just get a micro usb to lightning adaptor

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics...ed/dp/B00M4QANB4#immersive-view_1493222881008

beardedGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6mt
What exactly is the goal? To plug both in at the same time and interact with them on the MIB? That's a no go, mib doesn't support port multiplexing on its USB, ergo no hub will work for data. If the goal is to simply charge, the port isn't going to supply enough current for both at the same time. Better to just get a cigarette lighter dual USB port adapter.

boxerpixie

Goal is not have to keep plugging and unplugging two different cords into that damn hard to reach spot. The iPod is a 30 pin - I didn't think to look for a micro USB adapter. Thank you MonkeyMD for that suggestion!

Though it is a bummer to not be able to use the iPod and the Android Auto app at the same time. #firstworld problems.

Thanks all for the feedback.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
I just have cigarette lighter to USB adapters I use for charging any device that is t being used with the MIB, you can get ines with multiple USB plugs on them