GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Go Fast Bits Diverter Valve + (GFB DV+)

BigDan

Go Kart Newbie
I have a DSG car and decided to try one out, we'll just to try one out. I don't have a boost gauge wish I did for more data but I can say without a doubt the shifts are crisper I guess you'd say. It would be hard to say faster as this gear box shifts so damn fast I don't think I could discern a few milliseconds either way. But it feels better/snappier when shifting for sure.

Also the car gets better throttle response.

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Are you sure that your information on how the gfb dv+ works with the ecu is accurate?

Please search this forum and the vwvortex forum for GFB + problems. Don't touch the stock DV. It is flawless in its execution. Of all the aftermarket solutions, the GFB causes the most problems as per all the threads across both forums. That could be because it worked so well on previous MK GTI's, so many flocked to it. It turns out our stock DV is awesome, and is better left alone.

The stock valve is constantly opening and closing, and has a variety of states. The GFB info is just marketing. (They are trying to sell a product, of course they'll talk about a weak stock DV and push theirs, you know this!)

Ask anyone with a DV spacer and they can regal you with the tales of how often the stock DV is "discussing boost pressure with you" in an excited and somewhat annoying manner (after a week or so).

Any replacement for the stock DV is nothing but a waste of money. Sorry you got caught in the same web as many of us. If you want to know what mods work on the car, look at the 500+ hp GTI and R's. That tells you where the flow restrictions and weaknesses are. It's not in TMD's, boost/charge pipes, or the DV. (all stock components are fine).

Also the car gets better throttle response.

The car is constantly adapting to a variety of situations to maintain a torque target. It will adjust boost pressure and timing to reach these targets, constantly adjusting depending on a number of factors, including just how nice it is outside, or how long you've been sitting in traffic. Because of this, throttle response will always vary depending on conditions and can not be attributed to a simple dv swap, or the entire forum would be regaling over what a massive difference any of the dozen or so DV/BOV's have made to the car. (instead of complaining how they screw things up).

Some quick owners with issues after a few seconds of searching
The gfb gave me fluttering sound that seemed like boost leak, ESP at high gears 2000-3500rpm, and a corresponding loss in power , according to my butt dyno

So far the car runs way smoother with the Stock DV.
(from GFB)

And Georges reason for running the stock DV
Last summer we did not run with any issues with guys running 5.0 on 93. There where one or two people that started having issues that turned out to be after market DV related.
In hot climate the ECU increases boost to reach boost target due to higher temps. During a run the ECU needs to pulse the DV for accurate targeting. If the spring is too stiff or the valve needs oiling it may cause a issue.

If you have ANY type of aftermarket DV/BOV, it can't accurately pulse the DV. This can and does cause all sorts of issues (especially when the ECU is ramping up boost targets)

APR Removing the Aftermarket DV, charge pipes, boost pipes to restore power to a stage 3 car
We replaced his motor mounts, diverter valve, turbo outlet hose and throttle body pipe with OEM parts. We removed all water/meth parts. We changed his oil to 300v. We gapped the plugs to the proper specs. We pressure tested the system to 35 PSI to confirm it was leak free. We redynoed and it put down 410 AWTQ / 444 AWHP.

Last edited:

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Removed my DV+ and haven't put it back on. Seemed to work fine on my Golf at first, but needed to be re-oiled after 1 year and was causing some subtle issues. I didn't like the extra maintenance and concern about the piston lubrication. Then, when George and some at APR raised the potential concerns, that solidified my decision to leave it off. If you do choose to run it, I would suggest using some sort of quality high-temp long-lasting lubricant instead of motor oil. Or, at least use synthetic motor oil and not conventional motor oil, and plan to recheck/maintain annually.

Revolagoy1

Ready to race!
Code:
Of all the aftermarket solutions, the GFB causes the most problems as per all the threads across both forums. That could be because it worked so well on previous MK GTI's, so many flocked to it. It turns out our stock DV is awesome, and is better left alone.

Thanks for responding with all the information in your post. Its clear that several members have had issues with the GFB DV+. Fortunately, I am not one of them. I bought it for the exact reason you said, it worked so well on my Mk6 GTI. I have had it on my MK7 GTI for over a year and over 10k miles without any issues in 114 degree Arizona weather. I do have a DSG car and I am not sure if that matters or not or that my list of mods (Cobb protune, Ultimate Racing DP, Forge twintercooler, densos, GFB DV+ and pedalbox) have anything to do with it working without issue. I also oiled it when I installed it. I just had my car protuned and the tuner had no issue tuning the car. Whether I am imagining it or not, I do notice better throttle response with it installed. At this point, I see no reason to remove it as I am having no driveability issues with my car, it is not throwing any codes and based on the Cobb protune my car is producing the power it should. If I start to have any issues similar to what other members have had, I will swap the GFB DV+ for the stock DV.

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
I think a lot of it has to do with your environment. If the ECU has to make adjustments due to temps, and pulses the Dv, and it is not stock, the car has major issues. It could be your twin cooler is stabilizing the boost temps preventing some of these adjustments from being necessary.

That being said, I don't think any dv or bov can really affect throttle response by itself. Now a tune, sure.

Note: this assumed the stock dv was functioning normally.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Revolagoy1

Ready to race!
I think a lot of it has to do with your environment. If the ECU has to make adjustments due to temps, and pulses the Dv, and it is not stock, the car has major issues. It could be your twin cooler is stabilizing the boost temps preventing some of these adjustments from being necessary.

That being said, I don't think any dv or bov can really affect throttle response by itself. Now a tune, sure.

Note: this assumed the stock dv was functioning normally.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

This video was helpful in understanding how the GFB DV+ increases throttle response.

https://youtu.be/3EgXspDfI08

Ravenstyle83

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI
I just spoke with Drive Autoworks in Clifton, NJ. They stated they have installed a lot of these in GTIs with no complaints. Looks like I will get one. Cross fingers and hope no CEL greets me shortly after. This is the one mod I am still hesitant about though lol.

Jlungo

Ready to race!
I just spoke with Drive Autoworks in Clifton, NJ. They stated they have installed a lot of these in GTIs with no complaints. Looks like I will get one. Cross fingers and hope no CEL greets me shortly after. This is the one mod I am still hesitant about though lol.
Hey man thats an easy mod if you want one us from NJ to install it for you and save a couple bucks. There r like 500 of us in the local group. We have a huge meet coming up the 19th down the shore. Find us on facebook or msg me, im always around to help in north jersey

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TriStateMk7/

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Thegoat

Passed Driver's Ed
Had the DV+ but took it out after I got the JB4. Boost was spiking when i put the peddle down in cold weather and pulling ignition, car would hesitate pretty bad on the highway. After i went back to stock car runs good now. I did notice some wear spots on 3 sides of the piston on the dv+ and ridges that go around the circumference of it, almost like the machining process wasnt done well enough. I did like it at first until i got the JB4 so my suggestion is it might be good for a completely stock car if you dont mind oiling it every so often.

thought about sanding it to get rid of the ridges with a few thousand grit wet sand paper and giving it a second shot.

GhostMetal

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey man thats an easy mod if you want one us from NJ to install it for you and save a couple bucks. There r like 500 of us in the local group. We have a huge meet coming up the 19th down the shore. Find us on facebook or msg me, im always around to help in north jersey

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TriStateMk7/

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

This guy knows what he's talking about. You only need like 2 tools and some patience. Cover the turbo inlet though....I lost a screw in there and it got hairy for a minute.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
To be clear this fits the 1.8TFSI as well? Running a JB1 map 6 on the wagon and looking to upgrade the valve on mine.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
To be clear this fits the 1.8TFSI as well? Running a JB1 map 6 on the wagon and looking to upgrade the valve on mine.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yes it fits