GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Has anyone did the diverter valve to bov kit?

LastDragon

Ready to race!
I have the boomba bov adapter. I really enjoy it. Nice and loud... actually way louder than I thought. I've received quite a few compliments. I'm way happier i went the adapter route rather than the full bov route because ....1) they are both 100% VTA anyway. 2) i saved 200 bucks and it's exactly the same sound level. 3) the stock DV is perfect so this just piggybacks on that. 4) ALOT easier to take on and off as I please incase of warranty claims, or get sick of the sound and take it off......then want it back on again cause I miss it lol

mgti1

I have the boomba bov adapter. I really enjoy it. Nice and loud... actually way louder than I thought. I've received quite a few compliments. I'm way happier i went the adapter route rather than the full bov route because ....1) they are both 100% VTA anyway. 2) i saved 200 bucks and it's exactly the same sound level. 3) the stock DV is perfect so this just piggybacks on that. 4) ALOT easier to take on and off as I please incase of warranty claims, or get sick of the sound and take it off......then want it back on again cause I miss it lol

Ya I think I'll be going this route because of the savings vs bov and also because of waranty lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mudsurfer1234

I ordered whichever one ECS Tuning sells. It'll be waiting when I get home to install tonight hopefully. I hear getting to the bottom bolt on the diverter valve is a pain, but am hoping the right combo of extensions and universals can reach it.

I went this route because I don't want to drop $400 on an intake right now, but will probably get a CTS intake in a few months. This can hold me over until then.

CiDirkona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK3 TT, MK1 Atlas SE
I'm really surprised that his hasn't been mentioned yet...

Keep an eye out for oil spray. Our PCVs and charge piping are notorious for building up liquid oil in them. If you vent charge air to atmosphere, you might be spitting oil in whichever direction the vent is pointed. On top of your turbo/exhaust manifold is a bad place to build up liquid oil. Smoke or fires could happen. These spacers were popular in the MKV and MKVI crowd as well, and usually short lived due to the oily engine bays.

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
The mk7 doesn't dump much oil into the pcv hose. It's got a built in double oil separator (they learned their mistakes from previous gen cars).

Most running in-line catch cans see zero buildup, even after tens of thousands of miles. I wouldn't worry about any issues in terms of oil spraying out of the spacer. (unless your pcv was busted)

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
Agreed, you shouldn't get much if any spray by from a BOV or spacer.

Now the oil surge issue that the E888.3's have is an entirely different matter.

Marcsoup

I put the boomba spacer on the other day and I giggle like a child every time it goes off. I personally love the sound, and the times I don't want to hear it, I just turn the music up.

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Just an FYI, my Boomba adapter does in fact have black around the vents. So....

You may have a malfunctioning pcv system. They have a newer revision (based on an owner who recently had theirs replaced). Might want to investigate if you are seeing oil in the intake track (not normal for this car).