GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Warning beep when not in PARK and ignition on

q2quest

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2012 Golf 2.5 manual
Does anyone know how to disable the warning beep when the ignition is on and the lever on the DSG is moved to anything but PARK? I have a VCDS and have disabled other warning beeps/chimes, but this one eludes me. I don't mind the error message on the display, it's the DEF-CON 1 alarm that I'm wanting to silence. Thanks.

Paul

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Does anyone know how to disable the warning beep when the ignition is on and the lever on the DSG is moved to anything but PARK? I have a VCDS and have disabled other warning beeps/chimes, but this one eludes me. I don't mind the error message on the display, it's the DEF-CON 1 alarm that I'm wanting to silence. Thanks.

Paul

I'm pretty sure this one has eluded me too. I have the same things disabled you do as far as the car on door open, but the door open and car not in park warning (with resulting parking brake lock if you start rolling) seems to be a hard coded safety feature. Believe me I looked, it's one nanny that might save a life or avoid damage if the car started rolling, but 99.9% of the time it's just obnoxious.

q2quest

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2012 Golf 2.5 manual
Have you looked at this?

https://sites.google.com/a/naturaln...ow-to/comfort/disable-door-open-ignition-tone

If yes, send the coding (best way with photos for every byte) adaptations channels and from Instrument and DSG, there should be something, can look into that

I believe that is for the chime when the ignition is on and the door is open. I have already disabled that. I was trying to disable the chime for when the ignition is on (but car not running) and the car is not in park. The reason is because if you want to do work on the center console, like I was doing, you have to move the shift lever into the lowest position in order to gain clearance. To do this you have to turn on the ignition and listen to a warning chime. No big deal. It rarely presents itself.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Hmm, I tried that tweak and it still beeps if Ihave the engine running, the driver's door open, and shift into Drive.