GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Facelift 'Multicolour display'

minchione

Hi!

I just ordered a Golf MK7 2017 Facelift, the 'SE Navigation' model, here in the UK (I can't wait :p).

My order is currently 'With the factory' and this obviously means that I can't help but spending my time thinking whether I need every single of the extras I have not ordered :rolleyes:.

I know that the colour display (NOT the 'active info' virtual cockpit, but the simple smaller display between the dials), shows the next direction to take when you are using the car's satnav.

I have not included it in my order so the car will come with the B&W display in between the dials. Does anyone know if that display has all of the functionalities of the colour one, i.e. if it's just a cosmetic extra or if it provides any additional functionality, such as the navigation.

Thanks! :)

Last edited:

DaveEvening

Passed Driver's Ed
I got that B&W screen, but my car is from 2014, so There could be some differences.

Functions I have:
MFD - Second (Digital) Speedometer, fuel usage, fuel to tank, (longtermed, from start, from tanking), comfort function fuel consumption, range, oil temperature etc.
Audio - Showing what actual song / radio station&text is playing.
Navi - Displaying compass if there isn't any destionation, and displaying nice
thumbnail of the nearest turn, including how far, which way.
Car status - Any informations that car have (TPMS, info that windshield fluid is low etc)

Well, I record an movie of navi in use, if you give me your email, I can send you this ;) (Thanks for "demo" option, VW engineers! )

minchione

I got that B&W screen, but my car is from 2014, so There could be some differences.

Functions I have:
MFD - Second (Digital) Speedometer, fuel usage, fuel to tank, (longtermed, from start, from tanking), comfort function fuel consumption, range, oil temperature etc.
Audio - Showing what actual song / radio station&text is playing.
Navi - Displaying compass if there isn't any destionation, and displaying nice
thumbnail of the nearest turn, including how far, which way.
Car status - Any informations that car have (TPMS, info that windshield fluid is low etc)

Well, I record an movie of navi in use, if you give me your email, I can send you this ;) (Thanks for "demo" option, VW engineers! )

Woooah, thanks! Don't worry about the video, but thank you anyway :)

I have had a chance to try the 'colour' display on a rental MK7 Golf, but your list was very useful. Thanks for taking the time to write that!

vrod

Ready to race!
Did you order the discover pro? If yes why not get the active info display? I've seen many sticking with the BW display for a while, then regretting they didn't get the colour one. It kinda spices up the look of the interior and cmon, we're in 2017 right? :D