GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Helix programming tool; any interest?

gamille

Passed Driver's Ed
I had ordered one of these a while back, and I was just emailed that it was shipping out to me. Hopefully it shows up and is correct.

I don't want to step on anyone's toes here, as I'm super new to the forum. But I was kicking around renting the dongle out for a small fee to recover some of my costs. Or possibly selling it for a little less than what I paid for it, then the next member could sell at a little less, etc. I paid $150.20 shipped to give an idea of the cost.

Again, I'm not trying to snag anybody away from the other list(s), but I figured this may speed things up a bit, and maybe lower the costs for everyone.

Pending that the part is correct, and anyone is interested you can let me know. This is not the start of an official 'list'. I just wanted to run it by to make sure there were no issues with others here and if it was even worth my time.

I'm not looking to make any profit. I just didn't want to pay $114 a piece for my wife's and my car at the local dealer.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Free country, do what you want. I have my dongle for rent too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gamille

Passed Driver's Ed

I know... just hate to be that 10 post guy that pisses everyone off. This seems to be a pretty laid back forum from what I've read. I've been a member of a few forums that can be pretty vicious.

It looks like the list in the other thread is pretty long and may help some members out to have several of these out there anyways.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Yeah. My list is at 8 right now. I'm also only charging $20 as well. I felt $35 was way too much.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG

Not to be rude, but you should really limit how many people handle your dongle. Or at least use protection. :D

Couldn't resist, but I would say the more the merrier! I rented from the other thread that's going on now, not from crxgator. My experience was great, though I agree that at this point the $35 fee being pocketed is a bit OTT.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Dude probably made $1000-1500 on it.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
He charges US money. So he's probably a millionaire

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
He charges US money. So he's probably a millionaire

Many loonies.

Okay so not trying to skewer the other renter, but I think with the options out there and the time that's passed:

gamille

Passed Driver's Ed
So, we've gotten the dongle to a few members so far, and it is off to another. That's everyone that had contacted me out of the gate.

If there's any interest, please PM me. I will go in order of the PM. If we can organize groups of members in an area or close to each other, that would be ideal to knock out several at a time. If there's enough members in an area that can agree to pass it along in a timely manner, this may jump to the front.

This is meant to help forum members out, not turn a profit. Currently the dongle is in MD, so obviously, shipping will be quicker on this side of the US.

The only thing I ask is that we get the dongle to the next person in a fair amount of time with a shipping method that provides a tracking number. The user doesn't need to rush, but I'm sure we don't want people sitting on it for a week or so, though.

Also, I may need to use the dongle once more for a friend, so may jump in the mix again at some point.

I'm not going to post the price for the rental on here, but I assure you it is very cheap/fair. This is not intended to be secretive, however I prefer not to have a whole back and forth on what others are charging. I will not require a deposit from members with over 100 posts. Members with less than that, there will be a deposit that is completely refundable.

Thanks for your time, Jason.

gamille

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry to beat this issue into the ground, but if you contact me and are told you're next on the list, please be ready. If you're going to be out of town or have other things that will hinder the quick shipment of the dongle after use, please let me know in advance.

I know there's a few lists out there and the idea is to knock down the wait time for everyone.

Boggles

Thanks to Jason

I wanted to send a quick response to tell everyone that gamille - Jason- was more than fair with his dongle rental service. If he makes a few bucks, good for him! I saved major bank as well as dealership headaches here. I got the dongle in a few days, programmed my helix and will send it out tomorrow to the next GTI owner. It's all good.
No stress at all.
Results of programming: clearer and better lows, better staging, midrange has much better presence.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I have this coming to me (again) next.

Anybody else need to use it, after me?

He's only asking $15 to him, and then you pay shipping to the next person. (so like $23 all in)

elterrible

Passed Driver's Ed
I have this coming to me (again) next.

Anybody else need to use it, after me?

He's only asking $15 to him, and then you pay shipping to the next person. (so like $23 all in)

I would like to use it. My install has been done for a while so it wont take me long.