GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Daily Carbon steel mk7 manual S

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
How much did it cost you to get it color matched? People forget that even with the oettinger one, that is a cost you have to factor in, which makes it that much more ridiculously expensive. Fitment doesn't look bad at all on this knockoff one, much better than some others I've seen.

You just attach it with 3M foam tape? I always thought they recommend some sort of adhesive with spoilers to prevent them from flying off on the highway.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
How much did it cost you to get it color matched? People forget that even with the oettinger one, that is a cost you have to factor in, which makes it that much more ridiculously expensive. Fitment doesn't look bad at all on this knockoff one, much better than some others I've seen.

You just attach it with 3M foam tape? I always thought they recommend some sort of adhesive with spoilers to prevent them from flying off on the highway.
Couple guys posted they got all 3 ottenger pieces (lip, skirts, spoiler) done for like $330 total.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

travitto21

Passed Driver's Ed

I got my paint job for about 80 so 300 sounds about right for a paint job for three pieces. I used the 3m foam tape in addition with the tape that came with it. No issues with it so far. Drove it in 90mph the other day[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

DzdNCnfsd

First post! Been a long time waiting - Picked her up over the weekend and just got done with the first wash and wax. The community here seems pretty strong, glad to finally be a part of it! Almost went white but I'm absolutely loving the CSG every time I lay my eyes on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

travitto21

Passed Driver's Ed
Got my euro switch + sensor in the mail today. Took me more to take it out of the box than to actually install it! Aaand can't been the price off AliExpress (38$) whereas the usp one is 100+ and ecs isn't too far off at 130. Looks like vw china quality.

Also got my matching vw gti clark plaid trunk box straight from Germany. It's actually well made and pretty heavy.

Last edited:

travitto21

Passed Driver's Ed
Clubsport boot and shifter from cars245. Took about 3 weeks before i actually got it. Shipping was noted as "preparing" and stayed that way for three weeks and never changed. Lol. Digging the alcantara boot and the clubsport font on the shifter. OEM plus indeed.

Also got an audi 12v plug to go with my order.

Last edited:

GTIMK7T

Ready to race!
Where did you get this bro?!

Got my euro switch + sensor in the mail today. Took me more to take it out of the box than to actually install it! Aaand can't been the price off AliExpress (38$) whereas the usp one is 100+ and ecs isn't too far off at 130. Looks like vw china quality.

Also got my matching vw gti clark plaid trunk box straight from Germany. It's actually well made and pretty heavy.

GoGoMK7

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you have to remove the A pillar to get the cable hidden?

travitto21

Passed Driver's Ed
Just got finished installing my helix sound box ON TOP of my spare! (thanks to a post by bluehen) install was a lot easier than i thought. I used the two part YouTube video to study the install before i got it in the mail.

I actually didn't completely remove all the panels for the install (although i can see why you would if you don't have any experience removing interior panels). I just carefully fed the harness through each panel and took my time and didn't force anything. I also disconnected the battery before i even thought about tackling the wiring in the back of the head unit. Overall i am completely satisfied with it esp. with the price i paid all in with the diy (230 box + 10 extended bolt + 20 tools = 260 all in).Eventually gonna go dongle rental as well.

Last edited:

nate704

Go Kart Champion
Just got finished installing my helix sound box ON TOP of my spare! (thanks to a post by bluehen) install was a lot easier than i thought. I used the two part YouTube video to study the install before i got it in the mail.

I actually didn't completely remove all the panels for the install (although i can see why you would if you don't have any experience removing interior panels). I just carefully fed the harness through each panel and took my time and didn't force anything. I also disconnected the battery before i even thought about tackling the wiring in the back of the head unit. Overall i am completely satisfied with it esp. with the price i paid all in with the diy (230 box + 10 extended bolt + 20 tools = 260 all in).Eventually gonna go dongle rental as well.

How's the sound?

travitto21

Passed Driver's Ed
Dash cam installed on the GTI. Went with the roav anker dash cam due to name brand and positive reviews. Camera looks really well built. Trying to figure out how to hard wire it to the car to make it more descrete.

Also got in the mail deautokey led reverse bulbs and outer tail harnesses for my euro led tails coming in the mail. Got the harnesses from ah_long who apparently makes them himself.

More badge skins. Visor warning delete and csg gti inlays.

Last edited:

travitto21

Passed Driver's Ed
Earlier last month I installed rear euro LED tails and also installed it with Amber tail light harnesses.

Installed a frameless autodimming rearview mirror from shopdap.com used the video off YouTube. The hardest part was getting the right angle on putting the mirror on the windshield. Tucking the cable wasn't too hard. Loved the results and works flawlessly.

Also picked up some vmr v710 that were off a fellow forum member. Specs are 18 x 8.5 et45. Now how to wrap them up with some tires. Was thinking Continentals dws or Michelins PSS.

Also plugged in a neuspeed power module and I am loving the extra power! Got it off eBay and I don't regret it!

Last edited: