GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I Was Wrong About the Dodge Demon

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
If we're all honest with ourselves, we should all admit to relating to the article about how the Dodge Charger Scat Pack brings out your inner asshole. Just imagine what the Demon will evoke? God is my co-pilot, but it's the Devil that keeps my foot on the gas! :eek:

http://jalopnik.com/the-dodge-charger-scat-pack-brought-out-my-inner-asshol-1785639957

Hahaha! It's a syndrome related to the "I own a Porsche asshole mentality", but with a blue collar flair. I grew up in the muscle car era, so I have a soft spot for beasts like the Hellcat/Demon. That said, I absolutely love the Porsche Cayman, and wouldn't mind a 911 as well!

Can't stand American companies and their gimmicks.

Just seems like smart marketing to me. It produces the power and results, so I'd gladly take the $1 coupon, LOL. If the top of the line GTI came with $1 coupon to upgrade to the IS38, folks wouldn't be calling it a gimmick, they would call it awesome!

EXEA189

Ready to race!
Hahaha! It's a syndrome related to the "I own a Porsche asshole mentality", but with a blue collar flair. I grew up in the muscle car era, so I have a soft spot for beasts like the Hellcat/Demon. That said, I absolutely love the Porsche Cayman, and wouldn't mind a 911 as well!

Interesting that you bring up the 911. I had a 1983 911SC Targa, Slate Blue and bought it new. (This is back in the day before much was electronic.) GTi as a car model, and the 911, both have a storied history and a heritage that continues today. Both have undergone continuous development, though the basic concept has remained unchanged. How many other car models have been in continuous production for 40 plus years? ApplePlay, DSG, driving modes aside, today's GTi is as much fun to drive, for me, as that 911 was 30 years ago - and no throttle oversteer!

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Can't stand American companies and their gimmicks.
Want some pepper with that?

This is a throw back to when going to a dealer was cool, fun, and a unique experience. I like the idea of making a vehicle exclusive in more ways then one. Options for $1 is funny, and goes back to when factory options were cheap as hell.

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, the car is a hoot. No interest in actually owning one, but I'm happy they exist.

Well, I'm happy until some yahoo tries to drag race it on the road and t-bones me I guess.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Well, I'm happy until some yahoo tries to drag race it on the road and t-bones me I guess.

Johnpaul

Ready to race!
I don't get why there's any hate at all for the Dodge demon?! Why the heck are people upset at a car manufacturer for building an 9 sec car? I'm extremely happy they exist and hope Ford and Chevy follow by example

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
I don't get why there's any hate at all for the Dodge demon?! Why the heck are people upset at a car manufacturer for building an 9 sec car? I'm extremely happy they exist and hope Ford and Chevy follow by example

I hear ya. I have zero interest in drag racing type performance, but as a car guy, it tickles me pink to see stuff like this. It's a big middle finger to the people who feel "automobile" is a dirty word and that you should have your mouth washed out with soap for saying "horsepower."