GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JakRabbit GTI

NickC

Ready to race!
Ok first this is probably going to be a simple collection of small mods for a while. The factory warranty and the process of getting a house ready to sell over the next year or two keeps me from doing to much.

Name is Nick, My grandpa called me Jack Rabbit as a kid, but JAKRABBIT fits on a europlate. I'm a husband of almost 11 years, father of two kids. My high school years were the years of the original Fast and furious, so naturally all of us car guys liked tuners. I remember vividly the first time I noticed a GTI, we were in my buddies H22 Prelude and got dusted. I knew that I had to get one.

Quick list of past VWs:
1987 Golf GT
1998 Jetta TDI
2005 Jetta 2.5
2013 Jetta TDI

After a week of owning my 2017 GTI S it's easy to say this is my favorite yet. It is truly a drivers cars. My plans are simple for now, a tastefully modded daily is my goal. I have been low, don't want the hustle of scrapes and stretched tires.

Plans:
Powder coat and mount my VW Lagunas - Skipping the Powder coat
VWR springs - Installed
Tail alight tint
Sub install
Window tint
Led replacements for all exterior lights
Exhaust
Tune, after warranty

Thanks for reading and I look forward to tracking my progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NickC

Ready to race!
OBDeleven tweaks done:
Mirror dip
Convenience mirrors via fob
Key fob lock when cars running

I plan on doing a few more things this weekend.

NickC

Ready to race!
VWR springs ordered and currently shipping.

NickC

Ready to race!
VWR Springs arrived today. Detail coming this weekend. Hopefully springs installed soon too.

NickC

Ready to race!

NickC

Ready to race!
Springs installed a few days ago, test fit the Lagunas yesterday. Wasn't 100% on the silver, originally planned to powder coat, but I like. Excuse the flat tire.

NickC

Ready to race!
Alignment done yesterday. Wasn't terribly off after the VWR install, camber in the back was the worst part. Also installed the Lagunas.