GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No launch control?

forcefedjunkie

I've used this a couple times last year on my 2016 R, always worked fine. Today wanted to show off a launch and could not get this function to work. Race mode, trans in sport mode, held TC button for over 3 seconds to turn off system, got lights indicating ASC and ESP was off, held down brake firmly, but when flooring accelerator rpms only went to about 2900 then slowly backed off. Seemed like the clutches weren't fully releasing, loading the engine down rather than free revving like in the past. If I try to launch anyway the car bogs for a moment then accelerates as it I punched it off idle, with typical turbo lag. I've read and re-read the procedure thinking it was doing something wrong but I can't find anything wrong. Any ideas? I've literally only done this a couple times in the past and it was very easy to do.

Todd

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
Only time I've ever had a issue was when I wasn't pushing the brake down hard enough
Now I make sure it's firmly planted have to say many launches with no issue now

ScozR

Ready to race!
Was she up to temperature? I'm pretty sure the car wont let you launch if the engine and/or transmission are not up to a certain threshold temperature.

forcefedjunkie

Yes, had brake pushed firmly, and car was fully warmed up.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
You don't need Race mode. Just toggle the shift lever to "S" And you don' need to hold the ESC button down for 3 seconds; it also works on just "limited". You might need to rev the engine slightly, let it drop down, then give it gas again. And if you still have an issue, let off the brake a little then press firmly again.

forcefedjunkie

Just to follow up, latest APR tune was reflashed into car and now launch control can be activated.