GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's your worst speeding ticket?

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
The Fed's story reminded me of a ticket I got in my Mustang GT around 1997 or so. I was driving back to Camp Pendleton from Twentynine Palms and decided to just rip it down the Morongo Canyon on CA-62 north of Palm Springs. I was doing probably 100 down a long sweeping right turn and noticed a CHP cruiser doing the speed limit in the right lane a bit too late. No way I could stop without locking up (no ABS) so I passed him and just pulled over onto the shoulder - lol. He only gave me a ticket for 9 over.

I got another ticket one time just west of the Hoover Dam in the same Mustang GT. This was back before they built a bridge south of the dam. Back then you crossed over on the dam itself. It's a single lane each direction and mostly no-passing. I got behind a big rig struggling up the elevation to the west. Said fuggit and passed on double yellow. Boom. Smokey was sitting right there. He was a federal cop. Those are the best tickets because they don't go on your driving record.

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
$495 for a 115 in a 65. 2 points on my license

I was 18, driving a 95 civic by myself in the carpool lane. Once pulled over, the CHP inspected my car for mods and actually to ensure I had a catalytic converter on the car.

He was actually pretty nice about the whole thing and didn't even write me up for being in the carpool lane. Since then I've not gotten ONE moving violation ticket. That was 14 years ago.

Not proud of myself, but I guess we all do stupid things. Some more than others.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
$495 for a 115 in a 65. 2 points on my license

I was 18, driving a 95 civic by myself in the carpool lane. Once pulled over, the CHP inspected my car for mods and actually to ensure I had a catalytic converter on the car.

He was actually pretty nice about the whole thing and didn't even write me up for being in the carpool lane. Since then I've not gotten ONE moving violation ticket. That was 14 years ago.

Not proud of myself, but I guess we all do stupid things. Some more than others.

I got 2 points for 74 in a 65 -__________-

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
I got 2 points for 74 in a 65 -__________-

Damn son, that is weak as hell. I can't believe they gave you 2 points for a violation 9mph over the limit

KlipZ

Ready to race!
i was somewhere around 105 in a 55 zone on a highway road that wound through a wooded section. County cop was pulled off the side of the road behind a bush so i didn't see him until i blew past him. Soon as i saw him sitting there in my rear view i new i was gonna get popped but at that point he didn't have lights on so i just kept going. he eventually caught up to me about 3/4 of a mile down the road (i had since slowed down to about 65)

I was 18 at the time and just got discharged from the Army (medical related) still had my patrol cap on the dash between the windshield so its the first thing a cop would see walking up to my car. He really wasn't happy with me when we got to my window, saw my hat and then went on a rant for how i could kill myself, etc. He ended up writing me a 75 in a 55 and said to never let him see me doing that again, thanked me for my service and sent me off. I had to appear in court and got the ticket dropped if i went on the 6-month probation program. worked out in the end. That was in a Mazda 3. Now i have a fast car and drive like a grandma.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Friday, March 31st 2017. With Pohanka VW in my rearview, and my oil temperature still reading three dashed lines, i got pulled over for speeding in my new-to-me GTI. When he asked for my registration, I didnt even know which one of the 50 papers on my passenger seat was the temporary reg. When I figured it out, and he went back to the car to assess my situation, he came back with a $384 ticket for 70 in a 55, and failure to use my signal when switching lanes. I guess I was just a bit too excited about my new car...
Did you tell him he could at least spit on it first?

boxerpixie

Clocked at 97 in a 55 while standing my brakes in my old Jetta, as the State Patrol pulled a u-turn to catch up with me. Then I got to relax in the back the cruiser while he ran my plates....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
I was pulled over this morning by a Maryland State Trooper and given a verbal warning that I deserved a ticket for. I'll spare the long story, but suffice to say I did some creative lane maneuvering in heavy but moving traffic with left lane campers galore and he had his choice of speeding, following too close, and possibly aggressive or reckless to cite me for. I did use turn signals and didn't dangerously cut anyone off.

He asked if I knew why I was pulled over and I said verbatim, "yes sir, because I was driving like an asshole."

He then said, "I'm not going to write you a thousand dollar ticket because I appreciate that you pulled off the highway [I pulled into a well-lit gas station] and made this a very safe stop for me."

He didn't ask for license or registration. I was back on the road in less than three minutes. I wish I could buy the guy some of his favorite beverage.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I've only had one ticket in my driving history and it was three days after I bought my MKV in 2008. Super lame 47 in a 35. I was basically just coasting down a hill. Apparently, I was still adapting to how smooth the GTI was compared to my previous S-10 pickup haha. Didn't even realized I was picking up speed.

This is also the instance where I learned that some police vehicles can tag your speed while they're driving towards you. Cop did a U-turn and pulled me over.

mattd502

Ready to race!
Last summer I was on my break at work heading back to the dealer I worked at and free bird came on the radio, once the solo kicked on I lost all control of my feet and a punched it. I was in my Saab 9-3 and the cop got me doing 85 is a 55 he pulled me over and asked me what the hell were you doing I was right behind you the whole time ( never even checked my rear view) I was totally honest with him and said officer freebird came on the radio and I couldn't control myself. He burst out laughing and let me off with a warning and told me I shouldn't listen to that song in the car anymore, really got off lucky with that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Ouch. Can't cut a guy a break on day one?

Damn. Ruthless. Couldn't get a congrats on the new ride. You're probably too excited , so here's a warning and just take ie easy

Just got the note in the mail yesterday that the tickets he gave me added 6 points to my license as well.

I now owe the state of New Jersey money every year for the next 3 years, a "surcharge" for having 6 points on my license.

I'm fucking livid.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Last summer I was on my break at work heading back to the dealer I worked at and free bird came on the radio, once the solo kicked on I lost all control of my feet and a punched it. I was in my Saab 9-3 and the cop got me doing 85 is a 55 he pulled me over and asked me what the hell were you doing I was right behind you the whole time ( never even checked my rear view) I was totally honest with him and said officer freebird came on the radio and I couldn't control myself. He burst out laughing and let me off with a warning and told me I shouldn't listen to that song in the car anymore, really got off lucky with that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow