GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

H&R Sport Springs with ECS Spacers Before/After

turbofour

Passed Driver's Ed
Finally got the install done on my Golf. H&R Sport Springs + VMR V710 19" wheels.

Overall happy with the setup. Though like many others said in this thread, I wish the front would sit a bit lower. Hope it'll settle somewhat some!

sangeseven

Ready to race!
Nice! Did u keep the stock shocks? A couple of garages told me i should get new shocks (Bilstein) since the travel distance is shorter with lower springs. Anyone else ?

turbofour

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice! Did u keep the stock shocks? A couple of garages told me i should get new shocks (Bilstein) since the travel distance is shorter with lower springs. Anyone else ?
I kept the same shocks since the car was so new. Though like many said, the shocks may not last as long as aftermarket. Aftermarket shocks can provide you a better quality of ride. Though so far it's been good on this setup. Less body roll already and even on 19" wheels the ride is not harsh.

dubfamily

Passed Driver's Ed
2015 MK7 Golf TDI

Nothing fanciful, but here is my ride.

GTD specs on car!

Attachments

• frontgtd.JPG
    frontgtd.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 4,111
  • side2.JPG
    side2.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 4,176
  • side1.JPG
    side1.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 4,249

davidruiz6

i have installed spacers: 15 mm in front axle and 20 mm on rear. KW suspention variant 2, and when im riding too fast a hear rubbing on the front axle, wich sizes of tires do you have? im with 225/40/18

s7wag

Ready to race!
Some advice if possible from you experts. I have the optional OEM 19"x7.5xET51 Santiagos fitted and would like to know if the ECS 15mm/20mm flush kit would still fit OK when going up from 18" to 19" wheels. I've also got the VWR lowering springs to fit.

Any advice would be really appreciated? i.e. YES - ALL GOOD/NO RUBBING or NO - what do you recommend to go with?

Thanks all

Steve

davidruiz6

I have 18" with coilovers.. the rear spacer have 15 mm.. the front spacer have 11mm and its rubbing.. i believe that with 8 mm its ok. But my whells are the OEM 18"x7.5". Now the 8mm spacer dont have the centering base

Enviado desde mi SGH-I337M mediante Tapatalk

s7wag

Ready to race!
OEM Santiagos 19"x7.5xET51 with 15mm front and 20mm rear

Thanks David...so I took the plunge, as I'd bought the 15/20mm spacers, and fitted them all today. Measurement and looking at the front would suggest they wouldn't fit and issues would occur.

BUT, I won't have the VWR springs on until a couple of weeks so this is with standard suspension (UK).

Took a drive (only me in the car) but everything would seem to be OK. I'm not sure if that is just because I haven't hit the limit of a bump stop or bumpy road at the moment and also need to be fully laden...

Here's piccs

Attachments

• 15-20 spacers-4.jpg
    15-20 spacers-4.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 4,028
  • 15-20-spacers-1.jpg
    15-20-spacers-1.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 3,858
  • 15-20 spacers-3.jpg
    15-20 spacers-3.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 4,166
  • 15-20 spacers-2.jpg
    15-20 spacers-2.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 3,985

dReAdLoK

Passed Driver's Ed
Is the ECS spacer combo you have the flush kit? If so, you get no issues at all with the VWRs? I'm about ready to get the VWRs, but wasn't sure if the spacers would cause any issues at all. I know a lot of people with H&R springs suggest the ECS Flush kit, which is why I'm curious with the VWRs.

ShuvamB

Car(s)
19' PP GTI
Just installed the H&R Sport Springs with ECS 15mm - 20mm spacers and I'm very pleased with the results. I bought all products from ecstuning.com, mostly because the springs were only 199 compared to the vwr 289 I see everywhere, plus you get the same look. 1.3 in front and 1.3 in rear drop.

Ride quality is a bit more stiff with the springs but it is not bad at all! I really enjoy it actually. I have taken the car to 90mph with this setup and have no vibrations at all with the spacers. No rubbing either so far.

Best of all, I can take corners noticeably faster and I feel much more confident.

BEFORE:

After:

I will get around to taking some better pictures and letting you know if the springs settle in a bit more. All in all though, I love the look and the improved handling!

Hey there, I wanted to know which set of springs and wheel spacers you installed. I found a bunch of different ones one ecs tuning's website but wasn't able to figure out the one you installed. Thanks