GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Windshield Sun Visor

GTI2016

Ready to race!
Can anyone make a recommendation for a quality windshield sun visor that fits a GTI well? Much appreciated, thanks!

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Windshield Banner

Are you talking about a windshield banner? You can buy them from the internet - Ebay. They are wider than what you need so you install with a soap solution, then cut to fit once in place. This banner is 6 inches wide. I have a 10 inch banner that I want to replace it.

you

Last edited:

GTI2016

Ready to race!
Are you talking about a windshield banner? You can buy them from the internet - Ebay. They are wider than what you need so you install with a soap solution, then cut to fit once in place. This banner is 6 inches wide. I have a 10 inch banner that I want to replace it.

you

Sandman, thanks.

I was actually refering to the large shading thingys that cover the inside front windshield and block sun.

55belairgasser

Passed Driver's Ed
I picked one up at the VW parts counter where I bought the car from. It was more $$ then others but fits great.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Can anyone make a recommendation for a quality windshield sun visor that fits a GTI well? Much appreciated, thanks!

Another option is to install clear or 70% window tint con the windshield.
CXP Carbon will block 100% UV and 50% IR.
I know there are laws everywhere on windshield but it is an option.
If clear how would they know?
I would not use the sun screen with a tinted windshield as the screen might scratch the film over time. The screen is cheaper but my windshield tint is working all the time.

GTI2016

Ready to race!
Another option is to install clear or 70% window tint con the windshield.
CXP Carbon will block 100% UV and 50% IR.
I know there are laws everywhere on windshield but it is an option.
If clear how would they know?
I would not use the sun screen with a tinted windshield as the screen might scratch the film over time. The screen is cheaper but my windshield tint is working all the time.

Looking into the windshield tint at the moment. $150 for the windshield with ceramic tint. Sound reasonable?

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Looking into the windshield tint at the moment. $150 for the windshield with ceramic tint. Sound reasonable?

Yes
I had a friend do it on a small SUV and it was $170 for windshield. I did mine and it was in the $150's. Sounds ok. I think you will like the windshield tinted. A lot of heat comes in here and a black car interior needs it.

GTI2016

Ready to race!
I buy all of mine from Heatshield Store they are a perfect fit and resonably priced.

That all for the recos and Heatshield Store is who I went with and am glad I did... amazing fit and after 8 hours in direct 90 degree sun the car felt like it was under indoor parking all day. Amazing. No other windshield screen has even done that good of a job. thanks for the reco.

Would have liked to go with the ceremic tiny and still might but the screen was $30 and got it overnight.

njfgray

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 GTI w/ DSG
Use code: autoweek at checkout for 10% discount at heatshieldstore.com