GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ZacR's Build Thread

Zacr811

Ready to race!
With the JB4 stacked? Hey man, I believe! Definitely would talk with George and make sure everything is ironed out before you dyno it.
Oh yeah. I've been talking to George on the regular lol.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Rotors and pads showed up after a month and half wait....geeze. so I went straight downstairs and got started. The old rotors were a pain to get off. Had to take a big hammer to them. Brakes now feel fantastic even though I'm still bedding them in.

Hawk HPS for daily use
Hawk DTC60 for track
Hawk Sector 27 rotors.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
best build in the GTA for sure.....awesome shit....Would love to see it in the flesh :)

Thank you, means alot.

Where are you located? If not too far away from the GTA you should come to a track day or something.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
For sure....lmk when the next track day is.....I'll come for sure

If you have facebook, Join a group called Club Wolfsburg. They host multiple track days a year. Good group of people.

I think the first track day is May 27th at Cayuga TMP.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Some track day fun.

https://vimeo.com/214494491

Car ran great, I need that IC to show up. I can tell my car was crying for it lol. Tires were incredible, I was amazed at how hard I could throw it into corners, Brakes were great too considering I didnt have my track pads yet. All in all fun day.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Intercooler has finally shipped! just in time as it is getting hotter here.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Update.

15 and 20 mm spacers are gone as well as the Lagunas.....I couldn't justify having a second set of wheels to daily when I don't even daily the car it self anymore. So I will be leaving the Enkei kojins with re71r on all the time. Experimenting with 10mm and 12mm spacers tonight.

So after selling those parts and few other small things I got a good deal on a brand new set of KW V1's. Should be a nice upgrade over the H&R sport spings.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Update 2017-05-01

So even with the 12mm Spacer and fender screw mod I rub. Going to throw the 10mm spacers on and see what happens. I cant do much after that and I am being picky as the 12mm barely rubbed but I want to get as close to possible to not rubbing at all. Also with the coilovers going on I will be sitting a little lower.

My next option would be some camber plates since those seem to add performance and really give good clearance. Something I need to read up on a little more.

Looking at some 4inch black exhaust tips to fit the look better with the new maxton diffuser as well.

Intercooler has arrived and will be installed within the next week or two.

Going to be a great summer!

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Great build! Sub'd to your youtube channel as well. How is the stacked JB4 GIAC IS38 going, this is the route I want to take once I go IS38.
Thanks!

Jb4 is only controlling meth at the moment. Once I pick up my intercooler I'll log and get them sent over to George. Right I'm pushing the stock intercooler well past its capabilities so I don't want to push it even further.

I'm picking up my intercooler tomorrow actually. Hopefully installing it next week at some point.

CLOUT

Ready to race!
Thanks!

Jb4 is only controlling meth at the moment. Once I pick up my intercooler I'll log and get them sent over to George. Right I'm pushing the stock intercooler well past its capabilities so I don't want to push it even further.

I'm picking up my intercooler tomorrow actually. Hopefully installing it next week at some point.

Ahh gotcha, should run even better with the new intercooler. How is the pump GIAC IS38 file running vs race file, do you blend E85 or straight 100oct for the race file?

Apologize for all the questions haha, just really interested in GIAC when they come out with '17 capability. Ive seen tons of reviews on the usuals, apr unitronic eurodyne, but GIAC seems to run strong from what VAG*Tech has shown on his videos.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Ahh gotcha, should run even better with the new intercooler. How is the pump GIAC IS38 file running vs race file, do you blend E85 or straight 100oct for the race file?

Apologize for all the questions haha, just really interested in GIAC when they come out with '17 capability. Ive seen tons of reviews on the usuals, apr unitronic eurodyne, but GIAC seems to run strong from what VAG*Tech has shown on his videos.

No problem.

Giac files are great so far. I have talked to VAG*Tech a lot over the last few moths as well. Great guy. The difference between those two files is timing. Race file has so much timing, about 15 degrees compared to the pump file which is around 8. So fueling becomes very important. I run 94 octane with meth and pull a little timing which is fine. We dont have any E in Canada or at least anywhere near me. 100 oct is hard to get as well but the meth bumps up my octane levels regardless.

here is a log showing the difference. The thin red line near the mid to bottom is timing. You can see the difference.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
First one is pump and the second in race.