GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I'm lazy - Help keep my car clean

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
I found a guy who does CQuartz, Opti-Coat and Ceramic Pro. Over the phone he's quoting $1,500 for Ceramic Pro and will provide a loaner car while they're working on it. He wants to see it first to give an actual price, maybe some sad puppydog eyes will budge the price?
Yea, Ceramic Pro is on the upper tier of cost but comparable to CQuartz Finest in terms of performance. At least, so I have been told. A loaner makes it nice. That hardest part for me in all of it was not being allowed to wash my car for 2 weeks....I'm a once a week kinda guy. Dirty or not.

Well if your new GTI is in the same condition my "new" GTI was, it is probably going to be a 2-step paint correction + cost of coating. $1200 is the Ceramic Pro Bronze. I went with the Silver Package. Not getting a paint correction first is a waste of a coating I feel, unless it is already near perfect. Swirls and the sort that are present when coating is installed will be "locked in" so to speak.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Unfortunately I called the dealership too late, they've already washed the car. Fingers crossed...

kmarriner

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
How much did it cost you? I just picked up a Night Blue GTI and I want to go this route if I can swing it.

You're in Philly/SNJ now right? There is someone in Doylestown that I am probably going to end up using for my CQuartz coating, I don't have prices but I can send you the info if you'd like.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Unfortunately I called the dealership too late, they've already washed the car. Fingers crossed...
I am crossing my fingers for you lol.

My car came from Pittsburgh and had already been through multiple meat grinders. So I didn't even inspect for anything less than a dent. I knew it was FUBER before even seeing it. Between that and the surface of the moon orange peel my car had out of the box, a paint correction was a must. More so then the coating.

Billy Baldone1

Ready to race!
Ok. The issue I have with Ceramoc Pro, is this. When asked pointed questions in regards to their 9h (a total marketing gimmick) hardness claim, They never answered the questions. You can find it on Autopia if you dig a bit. It's crazy expensive to purchase as a detailer. CQuartz, Modesta, are among the best. Pearl Nano, 22ple, and Kamakaze are very good as well, considerably cheaper. I'm in the process of moving, and becoming either a Pearl Nano authorized installer, or, if I can get a sample from Feynlab(coating with self healing abilities). I don't do the volume of CQuartz..... Yet. Most coating would be an awesome step in the right direction. Sign up on Autogeek, and ask for a detailer near you. Some of the best, most meticulous work is being done from homes without the overhead of a full shop. I only want to do proper paint corrections. But to open a full time shop, and keep the lights on, I would have to do production work. Something I don't want to do. Nothing wrong with it, but I want to do work for people who will appreciate it more

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks Billy, I appreciate the input. I went ahead and threw a post up there.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
I will be looking into self healing protective films in the future. I wanted Immortal a few years back, but after 3 minuntes on google you can see why there is only like 2 installers in the U.S. lol. The commercial is awesome though, epic even.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Ok. The issue I have with Ceramoc Pro, is this. When asked pointed questions in regards to their 9h (a total marketing gimmick) hardness claim, They never answered the questions. You can find it on Autopia if you dig a bit. It's crazy expensive to purchase as a detailer. CQuartz, Modesta, are among the best. Pearl Nano, 22ple, and Kamakaze are very good as well, considerably cheaper. I'm in the process of moving, and becoming either a Pearl Nano authorized installer, or, if I can get a sample from Feynlab(coating with self healing abilities). I don't do the volume of CQuartz..... Yet. Most coating would be an awesome step in the right direction. Sign up on Autogeek, and ask for a detailer near you. Some of the best, most meticulous work is being done from homes without the overhead of a full shop. I only want to do proper paint corrections. But to open a full time shop, and keep the lights on, I would have to do production work. Something I don't want to do. Nothing wrong with it, but I want to do work for people who will appreciate it more
Lack of communication from cooperate is no indication of the quality of the product though, marketing gimmick or not.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Well, I spoke with Justin from Final Inspection Auto Detailing in Rochester, MA who was recommended by a few members on Autogeek. For my purposes he recommended the IGN line and for half the cost of Ceramic Pro, I'm happy with that.

depth_charged

Ready to race!
Living in an apartment makes it hard for me to do a good detail like others here. I frequent a touchless wash that does a decent job if I don't let it go too long, then I visit a car wash and power wash it myself occasionally... this is why I went for Reflex Silver instead of Magnetic Gray, I'm usually a sucker for the dark grey metallics.

I need a house and a garage.