GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GT500 VS FBO IS38 GTI

digilio86

Ready to race!
Friend from work decided he would run me. Video is brief and hosted on IG so ratio isn't good but you get the idea. We start in second at 35 mph approximately. Spin all of second and gain traction in third. He spins second into third but when he gains traction makes up no ground. Both cars had passengers. His mods are intake and tune. I'm sure we will run again as he is adding bolt ons. https://instagram.com/p/BSQ7zWpA4OY/

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
Looks like he needs a "driver" mod. He needs to learn how to pedal and/or get stickier tires.

Nice run!

digilio86

Ready to race!
Looks like he needs a "driver" mod. He needs to learn how to pedal and/or get stickier tires.

Nice run!

Hehe yeah we could both benefit from stickier tires. In his defense nearly 600lbs of torque has to be a handful on the street so I'm not sure how much of a driver mod would help. It's either feather it and get gapped by gti or full throttle and get gapped by gti [emoji23]

Last edited:

deanmarr

Ready to race!
Friend from work decided he would run me. Video is brief and hosted on IG so ratio isn't good but you get the idea. We start in second at 35 mph approximately. Spin all of second and gain traction in third. He spins second into third but when he gains traction makes up no ground. Both cars had passengers. His mods are intake and tune. I'm sure we will run again as he is adding bolt ons. https://instagram.com/p/BSQ7zWpA4OY/
Good kill.

Obakong

Ready to race!
GT500s have a hard time putting the power down. Would be interesting to see a re-run starting at HWY speeds (70) where traction shouldn't be an issue for either of you.

digilio86

Ready to race!
GT500s have a hard time putting the power down. Would be interesting to see a re-run starting at HWY speeds (70) where traction shouldn't be an issue for either of you.

Indeed and in the right location so would I but like I said I pulled to 120 and he didn't gain on me at all. Though the is38 runs out of breath up top and the dsg long gears don't help that either. I need to setup a YouTube account or such so I can post better vids in the full ratio. In the original vid you see me gap him and slowly continue to pull away. I'm sure up top he would of started to pull on me but I like to play to my strengths. 3900lbs vs approx 2750lbs

Last edited:

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
What year gt500? Looked like a 07-09. A intake tune that year is 480 range at the wheel.

Pirate

Ready to race!
What year gt500? Looked like a 07-09. A intake tune that year is 480 range at the wheel.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the generation of gt500 in that video has 540 to the crank? Should definitely be making more. Looks like a 2010+ too me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

digilio86

Ready to race!
Correct me if I'm wrong but the generation of gt500 in that video has 540 to the crank? Should definitely be making more. Looks like a 2010+ too me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's an 11 I was looking at the latest gen numbers, my stated 600 is definitely optimistic ( by 100 ) for that gen, also they weigh in at around 3800lbs.

Last edited: