GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Advanti Svelto+245 PS4 pictures

drshark

Ready to race!
Ok, finally got around to cropping and re-sizing pics. So, here you go...

Advanti Svelto: 19x8.5 45mm, 21 lbs (-3.5 lbs vs. OEM)
245 35 19 Michelin Pilot Sport 4s
8mm spacers on rear wheels (none on front)

Absolutely no rubbing with the top screws removed on the front wheel well liners. That includes some fairly high acceleration/deceleration corners. As noted last week, one wheel absorbed without damage a serious enough pothole shock to break the OEM tire sidewall. And the PS4s are SO soft and sticky.

I recommend without hesitation! :D

P.S.: the rear spoiler makes a huge visual difference for not too much money. However, the CF hood is a really an indulgence for the cost -- though you do save 22 lbs, for what it's worth... :eek:

Attachments

• PS4 rear quarter final.jpg
    PS4 rear quarter final.jpg
    345.9 KB · Views: 1,050
  • PS4 rear final.jpg
    PS4 rear final.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 1,119
  • PS4 front quarter final.jpg
    PS4 front quarter final.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 1,023
  • PS4 front final.jpg
    PS4 front final.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 1,565

ScozR

Ready to race!
Looks wicked! Did the gap between the sidewall of the tire and the strut change much? I'm running 19 x 9 ET45 with stock 235 35 19 but would love to fit the same tires you have. There is about 1/2 inch of space between my wheels and the strut now.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Nice setup!

I thought you might have worked against yourself going with a 245/35 instead of a 235/35 because of the possible weight gain, but it looks like Tire Rack lists the 245/35 4S at 23lbs each. Not bad at all. Same weight as the OEM Bridgestones, though I think the OEM Contis might be slightly lighter at 21lbs. Don't forget about tire weights!

Especially with AWD, an extra 10mm of tire width isn't going to make or break traction, and the wider tire could cause issues with rubbing. Not criticism on OPs setup at all, just food for thought.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
I like 'em. And I like the license plate mounted front and center where it belongs. Looks 100x better than that side-saddle, protroding-at-the-edge look from those overpriced tow hook mounts.

drshark

Ready to race!
Looks wicked! Did the gap between the sidewall of the tire and the strut change much? I'm running 19 x 9 ET45 with stock 235 35 19 but would love to fit the same tires you have. There is about 1/2 inch of space between my wheels and the strut now.

Don't sweat it... By changing ET 51 (OEM) to ET 45, you gained 6mm clearance. By going 235 to 245, you add 5mm ((245-235)/2). So, actually, the set up gains a negligible 1mm. Going 255 would put you 4mm closer in the stock. Possible, but potentially problematic.

drshark

Ready to race!
Nice setup!

I thought you might have worked against yourself going with a 245/35 instead of a 235/35 because of the possible weight gain, but it looks like Tire Rack lists the 245/35 4S at 23lbs each. Not bad at all. Same weight as the OEM Bridgestones, though I think the OEM Contis might be slightly lighter at 21lbs. Don't forget about tire weights!

Especially with AWD, an extra 10mm of tire width isn't going to make or break traction, and the wider tire could cause issues with rubbing. Not criticism on OPs setup at all, just food for thought.

All really fair observations. My (very personal) success criteria:

Visual presence: the 235's look undertired to me
Wheel well fit: I'd like a little less space
Soft ride (for wife): a little more sidewall helps
Grip is nice, but since I'm never past 7 or 8/10, really secondary
Rotational/unsprung mass, yeah I get that too, but less important
I guess the CF hood decision says it all: I bought it for the vents and creases, not the 22 pound savings...