GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wheel/Tire Fitment question

hakwuzhere

Passed Driver's Ed
So I have been searching for a while and dont see a definitive response so figured Id ask. I have a 17 golf R and Im considering some stock Audi S5 rims for the car on 255/35/19's

The fitment calc seems to say that id be just over a 2% difference in size, but any other issues to be aware of?

I know I could change the tire size, but the rims come with some decent rubber on them so it would be a huge convenience if I could just drive them as is...

Also, any fear with a size like this at a HPDE?

Edit: 19x8.5 32 offset wheels

Last edited:

nype

Drag Racing Champion
You've only listed the tire size. What are the wheel specs?

Gnasher

Ready to race!
I reckon they'll rub. The rim will stick out 14mm more than my 19s (19 x 8.5 ET 46) and my tyres are only 235/35 R 19 so that'll add even more width to it. Bare in mind my fronts are flush.

If you're standard height, there's a chance but lowered I doubt very much they'll work.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Larger size tire combined with additional offset, will very likely give you troubles at an HPDE. Especially if you are lowered at all.

I've attached a comparison between the OEM 19" cadiz and the setup you are looking to use from https://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

The offset, tire diameter, increase in tire section width, etc. are all working against you.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 286

MrConflicted

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes, 32 offset is what kills this setup. To run 255s with no (or minimal) fender modification, being veryyy close to ET45 is necessary. This will sit likely 100% flush with the fenders, which means during compression, it's not only going to hit the fender screws, but the tab which connects the bumper. That latter results in nasty chewing up of the tire.