GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Most annoying thing about your GTI

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
The insanely delicate piano black plastic trim on the B-pillars. Polished em twice to perfection in 10,000miles, can't tell again. No matter how I wash them, how light of pressure I apply, scratches are induced.

I think before the next time I polish them, I will be putting PPF on them. It's the only way.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
The insanely delicate piano black plastic trim on the B-pillars. Polished em twice to perfection in 10,000miles, can't tell again. No matter how I wash them, how light of pressure I apply, scratches are induced.

I think before the next time I polish them, I will be putting PPF on them. It's the only way.

Polish is abrasive, I have waxed mine and they are still after 3 years scratch free.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

glass cleaner and a clean microfiber. never wash them

Derf

Ready to race!
Not sure if it has to do with the heat of the summer, but my rear windows make some kind of noise when they go up like the rubber gasket at the bottom of the window is grabbing/skidding across the glass.

Is there something I can apply to somewhere to alleviate the sound? Maybe Gummi Phledge on the window gasket seal?

AK66

Passed Driver's Ed
My first base MKV GTI came standard with fogs, HIDs, and inner halogen highbeams which I enabled all together with vcds. On my MKVII Sport they took down the fogs, installed some fake nonsense instead of inner highbeams, and called it "Lighting package". :D

Vobs56

Ready to race!
Wheel hop/FWD, the easily peeled silver bezel trim around the gear shift knob and the disrespectful look pre-race from a dodge dart r/t owner that doesn't know what's up until he does.

mkygod

Ready to race!

Or save yourself some money and just put on some black vinyl.

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Wheel hop/FWD, the easily peeled silver bezel trim around the gear shift knob and the disrespectful look pre-race from a dodge dart r/t owner that doesn't know what's up until he does.
Sleeper status is one of the best things! And A Dodge Dart? Why waste the gas? [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

alderran1

Ready to race!
Has anyone ever tried to sue over the soundaktor? I didn't know it had one. I thought it sounded good it actually sounds like shit. I was tricked.

I appreciate the information on the site that allowed me to disable that stupid sound so I guess ultra annoying is now only damn annoying cheat.

alderran1

Ready to race!
1400 miles and f'in rattles everywhere. Passenger A pillar and door. Only hear them when I'm going 70+
Cross your fingers that you don't get the massive ear splitting creaking sound from the sunroof. I have rattles everywhere too, but this sound was beyond tolerating. It took 7 trips to the dealer, but finally they appear to have fixed it. Of course now the sunroof rattles when it's open which I don't think it did before. Funny thing one of the reasons I picked a GTI over a BRZ was the sunroof. Sure regret that

Derf

Ready to race!
Cross your fingers that you don't get the massive ear splitting creaking sound from the sunroof. I have rattles everywhere too, but this sound was beyond tolerating. It took 7 trips to the dealer, but finally they appear to have fixed it. Of course now the sunroof rattles when it's open which I don't think it did before. Funny thing one of the reasons I picked a GTI over a BRZ was the sunroof. Sure regret that

It's funny that so many of the base S owners wish they had a sunroof, and yet manufacturers can't seem to make them right half the time, and so many sunroof owners complain about leaks, rattles, too much light coming in heating up the car, sunshades that don't fully close and electrical malfunctions like getting stuck open.

The grass is always greener on the other side.