GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

About roll center

Yumichika

Passed Driver's Ed
I meet another problem. Just find that the stock bearing on my car is 8V0498625 while
S3 using 8V0498625A. Both TT bearing (8S0498625) and S3 bearing (8V0498625A) are 85mm while 8V0498625 is 80mm. I don't know what does this mean. Is this a outer diameter or inner diameter of something? Would this matter if I just keep using stock 80mm bearing?

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
I can't help you with the implications of those dimensions. I can say that at least superficially, the stock and TT bearings appear to be the same.

My approach is that if VW calls for the TT part, there must be a good reason. Granted, that reason may not be a fitment issue but one of performance/durability. The bearing is a pretty important part and I wouldn't want to compromise safety/performance for money saving or convenience. Just sayin'.

Yumichika

Passed Driver's Ed
S3 is 55 mm like any higher-powered MQB model. They're easily identifiable since the
55 mm one is aluminium (silver colored and bulky) while the 50 mm strut swivels are
steel (much skinnier, painted black and tend to rust).

Meet some problem about the brake...Cannot make sure whether stock brake fits with TT swivels. Do they have the same interface?

Yumichika

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks to hear that!

Just a small update for my new swivels. The dealer said they are from a crash-test TT :p

Yumichika

Passed Driver's Ed
Just another update for the tie-rod-end. Those takes me a little more efforts. I'll try these on as soon as my Ohlins arrives. Hope everything will be all right :p

BTW, things look to be easier on MK3 since there should be no screw issue on inner tie rod (they have same length with GOLF/A3).

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Bump for info...